Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 4 (October 28, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Oct 20, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hm. From what I saw, it was. Guess it doesn't matter though.

It was released through Kanyes website like the other GOOD Friday tracks were.

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lol the Pitchfork review for this links to a Rick Ross song on YouTube and they didn't even check the link it's some struggle rapper who uploaded his own song under Rick Ross song title.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

That is the worst review I've read on there in ages, holy fuck.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that and the dillinger escape plan review are just terrible. this site has gone so downhill since conde naste and it was already going downhill lol

TheWater(s) likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I listened to the new release. When he is at his best, the intensity or sense of urgency with which Meek raps allows him to deliver an emotional intensity that is reminiscent of a Game, Ja Rule and even Tupac. When he is at his worst though, his music is really just noisy. There isn't a lot of middle ground there, which somewhat holds back his career in my opinion.

So yeah, I'm not down with the whole mixtape, but some tracks are amazing. I still believe his best times are ahead of him. Oh and for the record: Meek > Drake.

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  7. The Lucky Moose

"Meek’s struggle is quintessentially American. With the deck stacked against him from day one, his American Dream was laser-focused on climbing out of the South Philadelphia ghetto that claimed his father’s life. His Philly heroes in the State Property crew rapped as tough as they looked, and his hip-hop education playing out on street corners, where rappers battled with a violent intensity, guns loaded and strapped to their waists."

From the Pitchfork review. I thought you guys must be exaggerating, but this is absolutely horrifying.

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

it's borderline offensive that he says meek has nothing to say or that he's always yelling or just "mad" on "shine." like fuck that. this guy shouldn't be reviewing this record.

sophos34 and The Lucky Moose like this.
  9. The Lucky Moose

Whatever your opinion on Meek's delivery is, he has something to say, and he's certainly not a caricature. The review is offensive beyond what he says about Meek though.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious