Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

McCafferty - The House With No Doorbell

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JamesSparrow, Oct 21, 2019.

1. JamesSparrow

I know with McCafferty there are some that have fallen into the "I can't stand them anymore, Nick is a douche" boat but mental health can be something that messes with a lot of us and handling it in proper ways can be sometimes brutal.

I'm not here to justify/apologize on behalf of anything that's been said in the past from him as it seems he's doing that and addressing his transgressions head-on and getting the help he needed which takes a lot.

His passion for the band and his fans now seems to be something at the forefront of his mind and the new album is really amazing totally worth a listen.

Not here to open a discussion about the past, just trying to bring to light a great album.

2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

"Not here to open a discussion about the past, just trying to bring to light a great album."

yaaaaaaa this aint gonna go well and this thread aint really needed/gonna do more harm than good

3. atlas

Trusted

Every single time this band comes back

Leftandleaving and dylan like this.
  4. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Did Nick make this thread?

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So I didn't even know they got back together until recently. I saw them last time they came to Chicago for ~$14 and now they are charging about $20 with fees...which seems odd because they haven't grown in popularity at all. In fact, I would say they have decreased in popularity. They are also playing the show over an hour away from Chicago, so I can't see many people attending. Sucks this band went down the way they did because I actually was a fan. Maybe I'll go to the show but the location is difficult to get to. They're also touring with Carousel Kings who are completely different genre wise than they are. The third act, Guardin, actually sounds similar to McCafferty. It seems like a weird tour.

Aside from that, I actually like this album. They sound just as good as they did on their previous albums.

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious