Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Clockwork, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

New single out today..
    Had to post it because, this music video was filmed in my hometown (Coldwater, MI) and surrounding towns. (The fireworks place they go to is Sheltons in Fremont, Indiana. Just over the border from Michigan, at the pulse of the mitten.) My first girlfriends house was like 200 feet down the sidewalk from the Rootbeer stand they sit at, which is pretty dead center on US-12 as it runs through the city of Coldwater. The go-kart place is part of Adventure Zone and is attached to the Capri-Drive In (You can see one of the screens in the background when they're racing.) and the Bowling alley they go to is one of the ones i've been to a bunch.

2. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

tyramail and Clockwork like this.
  3. Clockwork

Regular

Would love to go to the Dallas date but the website appears to have crashed

4. Clockwork

Regular

This one’s… fine. All of their songs for this album have been fine lmao. Was hoping they’d follow the more acoustic sound they seemed to be heading toward on Sunnyland, but so far it’s just been more of the same.

beachdude likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can’t tell if Monsters in the Closet or Black Lines is my album favorite from these guys. I’ll have to listen today to find out.

Haven’t even heard any of the new songs!

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Same here. Black Lines I still think was a really cool progression of their sound, and Sunnyland was also solid. This new stuff just feels by the numbers so far for me.

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Black Lines is my favorite. New songs are kinda.....boring.

8. boo7er

What do we all think of this one? It's pretty much what I expected, but at this point in their career that's probably not a bad thing. Not even sure if there's a different direction I'd like them to go in. Give me my summer pop songs, I guess.

Anyway, I am surprised that there's no chatter about this band on here, they seem to be a scene staple at this point!

9. Ryan Coffman

Coffers

Really enjoy this. But I am 31 and have grown up with them along the way. I will always appreciate music from them and whatever stage they are in.

10. goosetoph

u wut m8?

I really wish they went back to the Black Lines sound. The new album is decent and an enjoyable listen, but super safe. I think I like it better than Sunnyland but it doesn't have any real standout songs like "It's Hard to Be Religious.."

beachdude likes this.
  11. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

I think overall this new one is better than Sunnyland. That being said they're both standard Mayday and nothing touches Black Lines.

beachdude likes this.
  12. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

13. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

14. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I haven't checked out the last album at all because the singles were so generic, but I always hold out hope that they have another fantastic album left in them. I wonder if they feel like they need to just play it safe to maintain their crowd at this point?

15. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

16. WeWereGiants

Regular

Looks like they’re using AI for the cover art and promo images on Facebook, love that

17. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Oh no they're not still flogging Jamie All Over surely

18. daldalian

19. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I just checked out their setlist for their current co-headline tour and wow they really do not want to stray from ALIR. All of those follow-up albums and they play literally 3 later songs, and completely ignore the existence of that last album they released eek.

20. daldalian

Which show were you looking at? Looking at setlist.fm, they are definitely ALIR heavy, but they do play a handful of songs from other albums, and looks like they're only playing 9 songs on this run anyway. Sadly, I think for the most part they're giving the people what they want.

Back on a proper headlining tour in October, 6 of the 19 songs were from ALIR, but I don't think that's any worse than someone like Jimmy Eat World still playing 4-5 songs from Bleed American at most shows.

and don't get me wrong, I wanna hear the deep cuts, but a lot of folks don't care about anything past the hits.

21. cricketandclover Feb 7, 2024
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2024)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

... they're opening for Simple Plan right now, so this is not a crazy or weird set?

22. jackyjackyjack

Regular

No that's my bad, I thought those Simple Plan shows were co-headline! I did check out the setlists from last October and that is much more like it

23. thehumgoesonforever

24. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Just threw on A Lesson in Romantics on a long car journey and yep, it still slaps.

WadeCastle likes this.