Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Clockwork, Jan 27, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I’m really hoping that whatever this sounds like it isn’t a total regression. I’m excited regardless but we’ll see.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Wouldn't surprise me if they went back with Zack & Ken

3. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

mayday is actually the one band i'd be totally fine with them just doing what they do best imo. i still really enjoyed Black Lines but the darker alt-rock vibe felt a little less... genuine? i much prefer the unique brand of lovelorn punk-ish pop rock that was always improving and sounding fresher with each album without really going through any drastic mutations.

if the new album was just 12 slightly altered versions of "Priceless" or "Oh Well Oh Well" i'd eat it up like a gluton tbh, i'm a sucker for those. never change!

FTank likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

IMO they evolved into something much better on their last record, personally I would love to see them explore that more but I know thats not what the "fans" want.

5. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Really excited to hear some songs from this record. Black Lines was their most exciting release to me just because of how unique it was amongst their catalogue.

For a while I was worried because of how similar Monsters in the Closet was to Self-Titled (like...even to the types of songs, the order of them, etc. - it was SO formulaic and predictable), and Black Lines was so refreshing. Can't wait to see what they do with this. Mayday is my favorite band, but obviously if a release isn't good, it isn't good, and I hope that's not the case with this album.

Also...the fact that this album and State Champs' new album come out on the same day....oh boy.

beachdude42 and oldboot like this.
  6. oldboot

Regular

Going to be a fun day for us pop-rock fans!!

7. ccsc918

existing

Surprised a single hasn't been dropped

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Given the leak was from a magazine (and was put in their to probably coincide with the actual announcement), I have a feeling it’s coming Monday (or any time next week)

beachdude42 and ccsc918 like this.
  9. Clockwork

Regular

I don’t exactly remember what they look like, but isn’t this Zack or Ken?

10. oldboot

Regular

Was hoping we'd get some more information on this today...my bank account is ready for some pre-orders

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

Yeah I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been announced yet

12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Mmhmm

13. beachdude

So they’re back with their old producers?

Bye-bye to my hopes of an evolution from Black Lines I guess.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  14. beachdude

You guys think they’ll drop the single/album announcement tomorrow for “May Day?” I know that’s pretty corny but would make sense with the timing.

15. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

SUPER corny, but wouldn't put it past them honestly.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I really wanted sapone back with them.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. beachdude

Yeah... Still hoping I’ll dig it but I’m not gonna lie, my expectations have been lowered somewhat.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No Sapone is incredibly disappointing

19. oldboot

Regular

I can live without Sapone. I like Black Lines a lot, but I love that more polished sound of the first few albums. I think this will fly in the face of consensus around here but having them with the old producers kind of of raises my expectations for this album.

FTank and felipecardel like this.
  20. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I just hope they don’t come out with another album that sounds exactly like self-titled. One Monsters in the Closet was enough, don’t have to make it two.

I’m hoping it’s still exploring that new sound, but just has a bit more polished feel, even though I loved the mix and grit on Black Lines. It just went really well with what they were trying to do.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. ccsc918

existing

since they are posting pictures of them working on the album still they could still not even be done with it

22. Clockwork

Regular

Nah, that’s kind of how I feel. I liked Black Lines and wouldn’t mind more in the vein of that, but tbh I really prefer their poppier sound. I’m hoping for kind of a blend, or even an entirely new direction (I’ve said it before, but this band could go country/southern rock and not miss a beat).

oldboot likes this.
  23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Or they're old pictures?

24. Clockwork

Regular

Good/bad news, guys.

(Also sorry if I did this wrong. I’ve never attached an image from my phone on here)

Attached Files:

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

DARN