Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Clockwork, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Clockwork

Regular

Couldn't find a thread for these guys, which is a shame because they've been pretty consistently great.

Big news right now: a lesson in romantics: anniversary edition available | 03.17.17

(I'm on mobile so hopefully I'm remembering how to set up links correctly)

"Download card includes all 12 original tracks plus 6 previous unreleased bonus tracks."

If the bonus tracks are brand new that's pretty cool, but the description makes it sound like the from the ALIR era, which is awesome.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Really wish they'd retire Black Cat. That being said there's a neat little Go Radio reference in this video.

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The horseshoe or is there more? Shame they couldn't get Jason back for the tour.

Loved this album back in the day. Still holds up.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Black Lines is a FANTASTIC album.

teebs41, beachdude42 and oldboot like this.
  5. oldboot

Regular

I liked it upon release but didn't have it in the top 3 of their discography. Since then I've probably gone back to it more than any other Mayday album. It definitely grew hard on me, I'd probably put it after the self-titled as their best.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Self titled rejuvenated my interest in the band. Love that album.

Tbh though, I think Black Lines may take over as my favorite from them. I love the grit on that album so much.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I totally agree. Black Lines is so underrated.

8. Clockwork

Regular

Is there like ANY news on another release? Their most recent track they released (the bonus from the Anniversary edition of Tales Told by Dead Friends) was great, but sounded very much like a band looking back on the memories they made as if they were going to miss them so much now that they were breaking up. And I don't think that's what it was supposed to be, but the continued lack of news is troubling

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

I don't get the sense that they're breaking up, or at least I hope not... they seem to still be pretty active. But I do hope they keep progressing from the direction of Black Lines rather than returning to the sound of their stuff before it personally.

10. Clockwork

Regular

I hope so! They're definitely still touring (I saw them in March on the anniversary tour and it was seriously one of the best shows I've ever been to), but they've been pushing the anniversary stuff hard, and it seems like it's at the expense of their newer material. But we'll see. They never seemed like a band that was on the edge of crumbling.

I'd be a little surprised if they didn't regress a little. I think BL was a direct response to the criticisms that they hadn't evolved much, but it didn't sell super well if I'm remembering right. I could honestly see them doing a pop-rock-country thing next, and that would be fine with me tbh

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

I'm down for whatever as long as it doesn't feel stale tbh. To me, Black Lines was the most interesting album from them in quite a long time.

Clockwork likes this.
  12. Clockwork

Regular

They’re teasing... something on June 22.

The picture makes me worried it’s a tour announcement, but at this point I feel like it surely has to be an album.

beachdude42 likes this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Probably a new album dropping right before their Warped run.

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

That’s a long time away for a tour announcement... I’m leaning towards album. If so, I’m hoping it’s a continuation of the evolution they started on Black Lines.

15. Clockwork

Regular

With the song the put on the 10th Anniversary TTBDF release, I wouldn’t be surprised if they regressed or branches off into a more folksy/acoustic direction. I wouldn’t hate it tbh

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

I’d prefer if they didn’t just regress to their sound before, but I’ll give it a shot whatever it sounds like.

Clockwork likes this.
  17. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

signed to Rise ugh

just glad they're still around and kicking, this prolonged silence made me fear they'd break up after the whole ALIR 10 year thing was over

Larry David and beachdude42 like this.
  18. btr

Trusted Supporter

Oh shoot, they left Fearless. Makes sense, their last album was one of their best in a while and I don't remember it receiving enough promo/push.

Also I believe the rumor is new album June 22nd.

19. beachdude

That teaser sounds like it could fit Black Lines tbh... really stoked for this.

20. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

cause it's a black lines song haha

21. beachdude

I thought I recognized it lmao... I’m surprised they didn’t use a new song clip tbh

Larry David and teebs41 like this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Black Lines is this bands best record, hope they build on that dark Alt rock sound on the next one

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. beachdude

justin. likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So now the real question.. was this produced by sapone???

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Dig the art, hoping the album fits that vibe sonically

beachdude42 likes this.