Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade "Tales Told By Dead Friends" 10 Year Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by thisisnotbrianm, Jul 27, 2016.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Did they play the two additional songs last night?

2. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

They played the two additional songs last night, but tonight, they played Miserable and swapped out Black Cat for Jersey.

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I would have been so angry if we got Black Cat haha

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Black Cat is their worst song by a long shot.

5. oldboot

Regular

This seems to be consensus among fans, yet every time I've seen them they've played it. Not sure what the fascination is with it!

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I definitely don't mind Black Cat, but I can understand getting annoyed hearing it super often live. I don't think it's their worst song though (anyone remember "Girls?")

7. thisisnotbrianm Nov 18, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2016)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

The thing that was really the most confusing part of it all was that in Boston, Black Cat got the biggest response of the night. Our crowd was completely dead for the whole night. A few people surfed for Jamie (probably 2 or 3), but about 15 or so went up for Black Cat. The crowd didn't even PUSH or shove the whole night until that song started.

Even weirder, when Mayday walked off stage after Jamie, the whole entire crowd (instead of chanting something like "ENCORE" or "MAYDAY! MAYDAY!") started chanting "Jersey! Jersey!" and the band opted to play Black Cat instead.

When I heard the opening lick to the song right after terrible things, my heart sank lol. As someone who's seen Mayday a bunch of times (Boston was my 24th), I've seen them play Black Cat every single time I've seen them (except for the NYC date of this tour, which was great), so I really wish they'd drop it, and I was really excited to finally see a show without it....but I was wrong lol.

Echoing Landon, it's definitely not their worst song, but it's the one I'm the most tired of.

8. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

I saw Mayday a few years ago with like WATIC and You Me At Six and when Black Cat started a pit opened up. I couldn't get to the edge fast enough because I was a title blind-sighted (the crowd had been totally fine until then). Got elbowed(?) in the cheekbone that gave me a black eye for two weeks. I still think it's hilarious that my one and only actual show injury is from Mayday Parade of all bands.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I'm going to see this tour tonight. It's my first Mayday Parade show. I'm excited at the potential of seeing Kids in Love most, lol. I won't even be annoyed with hearing Black cat!

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

Kids in Love is such a great song.

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Set times? And is Mayday selling any vinyl?

12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Mayday has Tales Told & Lesson in Romantics on vinyl.

13. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

For both of my shows it was doors at 7, Modern Chemistry 8-8:30, Mayday 9:15 -10:45.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Chicago show apparently starts at 7 so Modern Chemistry 7:00 to 7:30 and Mayday Parade 8:15 to 9:45.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I thought their intro with fans calling about how much the band meant to them was really cool.

16. kidinthebushes Nov 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 20, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

Such a fun show tonight.

When I think of upbeat and energetic frontmen, Derek Sanders, Dan Lambton, and Jordan Pundik come to mind.

The crowd was into the entire set. A couple of girls crowd surfed during No More Heroes.

This was my first time seeing them outside of Warped. I will definitely be seeing them again. They said they would be back very soon and will continue to come back.

They closed with Jersey. They didn't play Terrible Things.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

Mayday Parade club sets are always awesome, but I've always felt their Warped sets are hit or miss.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

MP is a band I've only seen at festivals. I'd love to see them headline sometime, but their one of those bands who just doesn't come here ever.