Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade - Sunnyland (June 15, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 3, 2018.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is pretty awesome structurally. The lyrics are meh to me. Still an enjoyable song and still looking forward to this release.

2. Clockwork

Regular

Not sure what the hell is happening in these music videos, but it is sort of nice to see some LGBT representation in the scene, even if it's just a little more than crumbs.

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Am I the only one that thinks this could be a shot at Jason Lancaster? I mean, the title, the lyrics, the concept.

Maybe I'm just stirring the pot, but that's the first thing I thought of.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

First thing I thought when I saw the song name on the track listing was that they wouldn't get on with Jason these days lol

5. Ben Lee

Very true, lol! His tenure in the band was so short lived that I’m sure it’s a non thought at this point. Especially since they’ve seem to really just get on with life without him for the anniversary shows.

beachdude42 and Jake W like this.
  6. Jake W

After looking at the lyrics I think it could be about Jason lol

7. Ben Lee

I just thought with the timing of the anniversary shows and their silence on it, that this made sense that it could be about him. This line: "To prove what you had wasn’t dead inside But we know, yea everyone knows what a selfish prick you’ve become" kinda made me feel like that.

Jake W likes this.
  8. Clockwork

Regular

I would hope they’re still not writing about 10-year old drama (unless there’s new drama), and I think the song’s too general to say for sure. But last I heard about Jason, he did sound kind of like a prick. Didn’t he announce that Go Radio was ending without telling any of the band members? Whatever it was, I remember thinking it was pretty uncool.

9. Ben Lee

I hope there isn't new drama, LOL! I just thought there might be because of the anniversary shows being right around the time they were likely writing this.

10. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Like this one miles more than Never Sure. Hoping either this track or Piece make their way into the Warped setlist.
    Iffy on the lyrics again, I'm hoping that it wasn't that much of a step back overall throughout the album.

11. Jake W

Another new song

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Clockwork

Regular

I like it, but not super impressed by it. Maybe it’ll sink in more after listening a few times

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Stay The Same is a fuckin’ jam. Black Lines was the only album ive dug since ALIR so im surprised at how much i dig it. “Its Hard to Be Religious” feels like grown men cosplaying an their younger selves, pass on that one

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album is good. There are so many jams on this album.

It's Nowhere.....WOW.

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

S/T > ALIR = MITC > BL >>> ABH

"If You Can't Live Without Me..." has two of their top 5 guitar solos though

16. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wasn’t sold on the singles, but wow this record is awesome. Definitely not going to listen again till release so I can listen I’m better quality.

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Clockwork

Regular

After one listen I really like it. Just consistently entertaining from song to song. My biggest complaints are iffy lyrics in some places and not enough Jake. But overall I think it's fantastic. If I Were You is a banger.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Great summer night album.

19. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

If I Were You and Is Somewhere are awesome.

Only song I'm not really feeling is Take My Breath Away, and Where Are You is pretty cringey lyrically, but I really like this album.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not too impressed by this on first listen. There's nothing really bad on here per se, but also not much that caught my interest. Maybe my mind will change with more listens, but these sound like weaker versions of songs they've already written, and the sequencing feels off. Noticed more corny lyrics on this one than in past albums, too.

Piece of Your Heart was my favorite song by a considerable margin, and I also thought How Do You Like Me Now and Looks Red, Tastes Blue were pretty good.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

More pop punk or alt rock?

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd go with the latter

23. mentalgellar

It’s Nowhere is a brilliant song.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  24. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Piece of Your Heart is a huge pop song.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Piece of Yor Heart, It’s Nowhere, If I We’re You, and Sunnyland are all awesome. Need more time with the rest.