Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade - Sunnyland (June 15, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, May 3, 2018.

1. btr May 3, 2018
    (Last edited: May 17, 2018)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Release Date: July 15th, 2018
    Label: Rise Records

1. Never Sure
    2. It’s Hard To Be Religious When Certain People Are Never Incinerated By Bolts Of Lightning
    3. Piece of Your Heart
    4. Is Nowhere
    5. Take My Breath Away
    6. Stay The Same
    7. How Do You Like Me Now
    8. Where You Are
    9. If I Were You
    10. Satellite
    11. Looks Red, Tastes Blue
    12. Always Leaving
    13. Sunnyland

Pre-Orders: Mayday Parade

Larry David likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Track two is already my favorite

3. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

yeysyesyeysyeyseysyeysyesyyeyeysyeyseyseyssssss

4. felipecardel

can't wait till i'm 45 and a new mayday single is still the best thing to happen on any given day

oldboot and teebs41 like this.
  5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Single is meh imo

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Weird first single but I liked it

7. Neon Light

rage and love

That song is Mayday Parade trying to be the most Mayday Parade they can be, which I’m very okay with.

8. septimus

Dig the single. Stoked for this, glad it's not too long of a wait.

9. I see judging by the single that Black Lines (their best album by a mile imo) did not do well for them financially, haha.

Honestly, that song was boring as hell. Pretty disappointed.

Jesse West and beachdude42 like this.
  10. Jake W

Yeah most fans don't like Black Lines from what I've seen

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Black Lines got me to like a song loosely associated with Real Friends and is therefore worthy of scientific acclaim

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Crazy how that song was originally supposed to be more of a back-and-forth trade-off song between them.

ilikedesigning and Shrek like this.
  13. travisred May 4, 2018
    (Last edited: May 4, 2018)
    travisred

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I know Black Lines didn’t sell well but I was hoping they’d steer into that direction regardless.

ilikedesigning and beachdude42 like this.
  14. Jake W

Black Lines is great. It's annoying to me that they tried something different with it, and it turn out most fans would rather of had Self titled part 3. Change can be good...

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. RIP Black Lines then. Mayday sounded like they had so much fun with that record. They really got out there and did some interesting things. I honestly can't see myself returning to this single. Maybe fans will come around on BL (like, years from now)?

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  16. Jake W

I remember seeing a youtube comment of someone saying that they don't like that they went hardcore on Black Lines lol

BigMouth, beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I wasn't even a fan of the band before black lines came out. I gave it a chance and still have a few songs added to different playlists. It's a great, dynamic record.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometimes I wonder if a lot of people who would probably love black lines didn’t give it a shot bc of the name attached to it.

Larry David, beachdude42 and Jake W like this.
  19. beachdude

I definitely think so. Combine that with a lot of their core fanbase not liking it, and you have an album that's insanely under-appreciated.

Larry David likes this.
  20. MrDaveH

Regular

I haven't paid much attention to this band once Jason left.

They've had a few songs I've liked here and there (Stay, Terrible Things) on various albums but always sounded to me like a pale imitation of their old stuff (which this single sounds a lot like).

I guess I'll have to check out this "Black Lines" album.

I mean, there's always the possibility that this album is a mix and they just released the first "Mayday sounding" song to bring back the lapsed fans.

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

Black Lines is definitely the one time since Jason left that they really pushed themselves in a fresh direction imo, and I think it really paid off. I highly recommend checking it out!

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

While Black Lines is good it is the album I listen to the least. The music is good but I don't think Derek has as many hooks in it compared to the rest of their catalog.

23. felipecardel

half of Black Lines is not different from their past material at all, it's not like they were a totally different band during that cycle. i think there will be just enough experimentation on the new album

24. beachdude

Honestly I rarely go back to their past stuff at all anymore, it's just not a style that I'm hugely into nowadays. Black Lines was just different enough for me to be interested again, and to me the new single is like a less interesting version of a sound they've done many times before. I'll give the album a shot but I don't have high hopes right now.

25. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

oooh am stoked for this

teebs41 likes this.