Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Gets a Gold Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2018.

1. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Mayday are the band I'm afraid to tell my 30 year old friends that I still love. I appreciate Jason's contributions to the discography and I played the hell out of the first few Go Radio EPs. I'm probably contradicting my past self here, but people really need to get over Jason not being in the band ten years later. They have written enough jams since then to show they don't need him.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  2. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Stoked for the band - ALIR is one of my all time favorite albums. Well deserved.

However, I have no shame in admitting that I really enjoy Anywhere But Here. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I'd rank it as my third favorite after the self-titled. That album was there for me through a rough patch in my life, which probably makes me appreciate it more than it deserves. But from a straight pop rock standpoint, I've always thought it was a pretty fun and catchy album.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. SFguitar

Regular

It's not really surprising that Bands like ATL, Bring me the Horizon, and ADTR have gold records. They are fairly big bands. I don't feel like Mayday is on their level popularity wise, which is why I said it's surprising for them to have a gold record.

4. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yeah Mayday have never reach the popularity of those bands so it is surprising in a way. They have never fallen off though, like A lot of bands do.

5. btr

Trusted Supporter

All Time Low, The Maine, Mayday Parade all survived that time period. Kind of wild that all of their last records were really really good.

Bayside 182 likes this.