Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Announce ‘Tales Told by Dead Friends’ Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mayday Parade will be heading out on a 10-year anniversary tour for their Tales Told By Dead Friends EP. Dates can be found below.

Nov 11 – Orlando, FL @ The Social
    Nov 12 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
    Nov 13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Four Chord Music Festival
    Nov 14 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Foundry @ The Fillmore
    Nov 15 – New York, NY @ The Studio @ Webster Hall
    Nov 16 – Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall
    Nov 18 – Cleveland, OH @ Grog Shop
    Nov 19 – Detroit, MI @ The Shelter
    Nov 20 – Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall
    Nov 22 – Nashville, TN @ Mercy Lounge
    Nov 23 – Tallahassee, FL @ Side Bar Theatre

When we first started the band, the first two songs we wrote were, “Three Cheers For Five Years” and “When I Get Home, You’re So Dead”. We knew we had something special and tried to record the tracks as fast as we could. We finally felt like we were on to something. The result was our debut EP Tales Told By Dead Friends
    Ten years later, we are excited to play that EP front to back along with some other Mayday tracks you may have not heard us play in a while. We plan to do so in some smaller rooms to make it the most intimate tour we’ve done in a long time. What better way to celebrate than with the fans that made it all possible.

2. TDenverFan

Regular

Georgia to Pittsburg in one day is ambitious

3. Without Jason Lancaster being on board I'm just not sure I'd care, even if they were doing west coast dates.

Amber and Luroda like this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Good luck getting tickets

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Strange but kinda neat. Their newest album is my favorite so I'll be sad if they play a lot of throw backs other than the EP

CMilliken and Penguin like this.
  6. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I don't see the point of this without Jason on board, considering it's around 20 minutes of music. It will be a hell of a lot of fun but won't mean a lot (to me) without him.

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

No Jason, no dice. This isn't the same braintrust that wrote that album (a.k.a. Jason, who wrote most of it) so this just rings hollow for me.

Amber and Luroda like this.
  8. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

awesome

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

There are rumors that he agreed to do the Spring 2017 A Lesson in Romantics tour. If that's true, don't know why he wouldn't be on this, especially since it's a small run

10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

How do you even play One Man Drinking Games without Jason?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Icynova

Wish there were West Coast dates.

12. aniafc

Trusted

What makes you think he isn't?

13. Until I see an announcement that he is, it's more that I've got no reason to believe otherwise given that he hasn't performed with them since the last time Go Radio toured with Mayday, and that was only for one song each night.

14. Hope those rumors are true because THAT'S a tour I'd go see if he was playing on it.

supernovagirl likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I wish I had the love for Jason that y'all have. I don't think I'd enjoy him coming back

FTank likes this.
  16. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I'm one of those folks who enjoy their odd-numbered albums (1-3-5) but I think their songwriting in general was easily at its strongest with Jason. I think the band is extremely talented and they have kept incredibly consistent and mostly enjoyable without him, but he could really only make the band better. It won't surprise me at all if they continue on the Taking Back Sunday trajectory and bring him back for a new album.

17. miseryindex

actually i'm 10)% with you on that.
    the EP & lesson in romantics were incredible. the self titled. the new one. but the other 2 just didn't do it fo rme.

18. miseryindex

any idea why the venues are such a small capacity?
    the nyc venue is like 300 people max. & smaller bands like moose blood sell it out pretty easily.
    with no NJ or CT date i can imagine everyone coming to NYC for this.
    plus its will call so no stubhub.

don't get me wrong, if i get a ticket i will be thrilled its a tiny intimate venue. but odds are its going to be difficult.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not alone!

20. aniafc

Trusted

Don't be surprised if it happens for both tours. He's not musically tied up with anything.

21. aniafc

Trusted

They want to do the "go back to where it started" thing with these small venues. It's gonna be hard to get tickets, for sure.

22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

These venues are tiny, it's awesome haha. My band plays at SideBar all the time. Wish we could open :crylaugh:

23. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Doesn't really seem right to me if Jason isn't included. To begin with it's kinda unusual to do this kind of thing for an EP but to not include arguably the most instrumental member of that era just doesn't feel right. I personally wouldn't be interested in seeing this without him in the line up. Hate to view it as a money grab and people can spend their money however they chose but it just seems dodgy to do this for an EP and without Jason.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No idea how this is a money grab. They could be playing venues quadruple the size of these on a regular headliner...

ilikedesigning likes this.
  25. I just want to know if they are announcing CA dates after Warped