Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade Announce ‘Anywhere But Here’ Anniversary Shows

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mayday Parade have announced some Anywhere But Here 10 year anniversary shows.

[​IMG]

NEW YORK, NY (September 3, 2019) – Alternative mainstay Mayday Parade will celebrate the 10 Year Anniversary of their sophomore album Anywhere But Here with a select run of headlining shows performing the album in its entirety this November! They’ll start with a hometown performance in Tallahassee, FL (11/3) followed by dates in Sayreville, NJ (11/9), Boston, MA (11/13), Chicago, IL (11/16) and Los Angeles, CA (11/22). Full dates can be found below.
    “Stoked to announce five special shows in honor of our second record Anywhere But Here which is in its 10th year of release! We are excited to share and reminisce with our long-time fans!”
    -Brooks Betts of Mayday Parade

VIP tickets will be on sale tomorrow, Sept. 4th at 1pm ET followed by general on-sale this Friday, Sept. 6th at 10AM local time. VIP Packages include early entry, a photo opp, limited edition merch items and a pizza party meet and greet with the band! All tickets can be purchased via www.maydayparade.com/tour.

Anywhere But Here was produced by David Bendeth (Paramore, Bruce Hornsby) and released on October 6th, 2019 (Atlantic Records). It was the first album by the band to make debuts across several Billboard charts (#31 Billboard 200, #8 Alternative Albums) and spawned several successful singles including “The Silence” and “Kids in Love” that went into regular rotation at radio & MTV. Though the album pre-dates the rise of Spotify and Apple Music, Anywhere But Here has racked up over 88 million plays on the two platforms, proving itself a lasting fan favorite.

Last month, Mayday Parade wrapped up their headlining slot on the inaugural run of Sad Summer Festival alongside The Maine, The Wonder Years, and State Champs, plus performed to massive crowds on the main stage at Reading & Leeds Festival after a brief tour of Europe. The band continues to support their stellar 2018 LP Sunnyland (Rise Records) and fans can expect more dates to be announced soon!

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Nowhere near me so i will quite literally be anywhere but there

3. zachmacD

Trusted

this album is super underrated. Not my favorite by them but there are a bunch of great songs on it. I think if this album would've been released a few years earlier, it would've been huge

4. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Big fan of these guys.
    LOR is an absolute classic and sunnyland was good.
    That said, I don't love this one.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Album is very underrated. See yah in LA.

6. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Hoping for vinyl.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Album is underrated for what it is. Maydays mix with writing some by themselves and with other writers. It's a mixed record and has some of the best songs, and most puzzling they've done.

FTank likes this.
  8. SFguitar

Regular

I think this is one of their best albums. Does anyone else think their last few albums have been weak? They just don't have the hooks that this album and Lesson in Romantics do.

JamesMichael likes this.
  9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Why are they playing an Ataris album?

10. crowntownguy

I think I'm growing into someone you can trust

Sunnyland fucking slaps, give it another shot. Probably one of my most listened albums the past year.

DrAlanGrant, tyramail and SFguitar like this.
  11. jackyjackyjack

Regular

Anywhere But Here anniversary shows, but with a setlist comprising only of Jamie All Over and Black Cat on loop.

12. seanxwilliams

Scar crossed lovers, forever

I thought the general consensus was that the band didn't really like this record?

jlinitz and jackyjackyjack like this.
  13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

here here Sunnyland is pretty damn flawless.

14. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Guessing slaps is good

15. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

Here to enter the echo chamber of this album is underrated, Sunnyland is a "bop", and yeah they just know what they're doing right now.

16. I saw them like 5+ times during this album cycle but holy nostalgia

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Should be sweet. Im pumped for Stages and Stereos, they better release the album they’ve been writing before this haha. Great opportunity.

bobsheiskawy and BoldType like this.
  18. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

stages and stereos are opening?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

For the opening hometown show, not sure if they’ve confirmed any other dates

20. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Now THAT is a throwback. Are S&S the same band they were in 2007? I always loved Daniel's voice but they never put out much and I lost track of them.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Mr. Serotonin

I know Daniel and the guitarist stephen are still in it. Then they have a guy from red Oak Collective out of Orlando I think. Not sure about the others. I know they played some shows with the old yellowcard drummer but I don’t know if he still is in