Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade – “One for the Rocks and One for the Scar” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mayday Parade have released a video for “One for the Rocks and One for the Scar.” They’ve also announced their new album, What it Means to Fall Apart will be out on November 19th. More information can be found below.

Los Angeles, CA – Today, powerhouse emo quintet Mayday Parade announce their upcoming full-length album, What It Means To Fall Apart, out November 19 on Rise Records. Pre-order is available HERE. Alongside the exciting announcement, the band also shares their brand-new single, “One For The Rocks And One For The Scary.” Listen HERE and watch the music video, directed by Katharine White, HERE.

What It Means To Fall Apart sees Mayday Parade wading in a wide range of complex emotions. The band shared the first taste of the album with the anthemic single Kids of Summer,” which infuses nostalgic memories of their care-free formative summers at Warped Tour into song, followed by the self-confrontational and vulnerable Bad At Love.” On the newest single “One For The Rocks And One For The Scary,” the band sings about making the most of the time we have with the people we love.

Their seventh studio album together, What It Means To Fall Apart was created with longtime collaborators Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount, and saw the band diverge from their typical path in the studio. With no final destination in mind and setting their sights on just writing the best songs they could, they started chipping away at something, letting go of any attachment to whether they left the studio with a single, an EP, or a full record. They arrived at a fully realized album, 12 contemplative tracks written through the eyes of a band moving forward with the knowledge they could only gain from looking back. Full track listing can be found below.

The band is looking forward to sharing these songs in venues around the world, noting that it’s not just about creating music for them, but how that music connects them with their fans and each other. “We all live in different states and have separate lives with different things going on,” bassist Jeremy Lenzo shares, “But just being able to get back together and play music is always a highlight.” Lead singer Derek Sanders mirrors that sentiment as well, sharing that the spark that started Mayday Parade still shines bright, “Even after all this time and plenty of other ways it could have gone or plenty of other things that we could be doing with our lives, we're lucky to be able to do this.”

Since their formation, Mayday Parade have sold over 1.6 million albums in the U.S. inclusive of 675 million streams across their catalog, earning their spot as a household name in the industry. With a certified Gold album and countless global tours under their belt, the band shows no signs of slowing down as their fanbase continues to grow. Recently, their debut album A Lesson In Romantics has found new life on TikTok, with fans using the original tracks in their content as well as creating their own cover versions, some amassing millions of views.

Track Listing

1. Kids Of Summer
    2. Golden Days
    3. Think Of You
    4. If My Ghosts Don’t Play, I Don’t Play
    5. Sideways
    6. One For The Rocks And One For The Scary
    7. Bad At Love
    8. Notice
    9. Heaven
    10. Angels Die Too
    11. You Not Me
    12. I Can’t Do This Anymore
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I heard one verse/chorus and was just “okay standard MP template” and then accidentally fast forwarded to the tempo change and was pleasantly surprised haha

3. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

something a little different from them. I like it!

4. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

It's going to take more than a tempo change for me to get into this band again. Part 1 sounded like typical Mayday Parade. Part 2 sounded like typical Mayday Parade, but faster. At this point, my brain registers each release as the same song over and over and over.

That being said, it's a decent song they keep putting out. Don't mind having it on in the background but there's nothing making me go out of my way to listen to any of their recent releases.

5. SFguitar

Regular

Yeah I feel like everything this band releases is just generic at this point

FloatThroughMe and cosmickid like this.
  6. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

Maybe it's because I watched the video with this and fall weather just kissed my forehead today, but I fell really hard for this track.

It's pretty standard fare when I put my critical cap on, but the lyrics are pretty beautiful, simple as they may be.

parkerxcore likes this.
  7. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Liked it enough to preorder the vinyl.

8. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

It's actually called "One For The Scary"

What does that even mean?

9. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Yeah this is fine but I won't be coming back to it. I think I'm just bored with this band.

10. surgerone

Regular Supporter

it's weird how much I got into their last release - totally agree that they keep releasing the same song, but there's something that brings me back. Idk maybe it's as simple as the melodies, because I've found a few tiktok artists with similar melodic structures that have gotten me recently too

11. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

I unashamedly love this band. Happy to see a new album come along.

12. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Same. This is a band now that you know what your getting and I think that’s part of why they are still around and do as well as they do. All of their music is good, it’s doesn’t change much now so can leave some wanting change but you consistently get good tunes from the band that had they switched up their formula all the time I doubt could have lasted this long at the level they are.

huntercrunch and parkerxcore like this.
  13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Their last two albums are their best with Sunnyland being the best. I’m here for pretty much anything they do and I don’t care who knows it

parkerxcore likes this.
  14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Echoing the love for MP. Sunnyland was their best release to date and I will always be thrilled for new tunes. This is a pleasant song and I adore Bad At Love. The album art is beautiful. Count me in Mayday Parade let's be sad together again.

huntercrunch likes this.