Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mayday Parade – “Lighten Up Kid”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I can get on board with this. Pretty decent song, not anything new really but I’m okay with that.

3. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Good not great

latortuga likes this.
  4. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Mayday Parade is due for another sound shake-up ala Black Lines.

5. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I return to that album more than anything else in their discography, it's so good

tyramail and RileyWitiw like this.
  6. SFguitar

Regular

Sounds boring and generic, like their last album.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. tyler_pifer

I had a tough time connecting with that record. They should have stuck with the new sound, because while it wasn't my favorite record, I was intrigued to see where they went with it.

Really dig this new song but I miss Jake's co-lead vocals.

8. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

I couldn't get into that one either. It's my least favorite of their entire discography.

I'm also a big fan of Jake's co-lead vocals like in the Valdosta EP and self-titled. Sunnyland was pretty good imo too.

9. tyler_pifer

I liked Sunnyland as well, but only Looks Red, Tastes Blue has Jake singing leads on it.

10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I adore Sunnyland but this just doesn't do it for me. MP either hits or completely misses.

11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I liked Sunnyland, and I like the sound of this. But I agree they could shake it up more.

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is p bad. I love Sunnyland and Black Lines

13. Histrionics

I like all of what they do, including this.

14. jackyjackyjack

Regular

These guys keep releasing music but all I can think about is that they won't play anything at live shows apart from A Lesson in Romantics, because that is all anyone wants to hear

parkerxcore likes this.
  15. parkerxcore

Huge MP fan here and all I want is for them to play Sunnyland and not one single song off ALIR. I'm so over hearing that album live.

jackyjackyjack and DrAlanGrant like this.
  16. jackyjackyjack

Regular

100%. I was so disappointed that on their actual Sunnyland tour they played two songs from that album and the rest were ALIR songs + Oh Well, Oh Well

parkerxcore likes this.
  17. parkerxcore

I want them to take a page out of The Maine's book, they basically only play their last (3) albums and it's very refreshing.

18. tyler_pifer

The ALIR songs don't have the same weight live without Jason. The fact that Cabbage can't sing doesn't help.

19. tyler_pifer

Just noticed that Jake does actually sing leads in this new song.