Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Matt Skiba Talks With Ultimate Guitar

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Matt Skiba of Blink-182 talked with Ultimate Guitar:

“But mostly, I’m very happy and grateful to say that Alkaline Trio fans have been very, very supportive even when they do get a little homesick missing the band. It’s still very supportive and it’s not like I’m not Alkaline Trio for some selfish or no good reason.”

2. testtime

Regular

Matt just sounds genuinely nice. Granted I think all the members of blink do as well. I miss Tom, but I'd feel awful if Tom wanted back and they'd have to let Matt go. Maybe pull a Sum 41 and just keep everyone.

3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Those new blink tracks really get me excited for the next album. There is still a bit of California sound in them but with more Skiba influence. I think he sounds great and would love a completely bizarre album from them (what Untitled was to pop punk at the time). They really could make something special in the next few years.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Can't wait to hear new stuff from them, I love claiming that blink-182 or kinda sorta (not at all actually) a Chicago band with him in it.

5. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I agree with you 100%. California was great and it sounded like Blink 182 should/would sound like in 2016. However, Untitled was the best Blink record and also was a gigantic game changer in the world of pop punk...to follow that up with whatever game changing sounds like in 2017, Id be on board.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

If their next record turns out to be a true blend of A3 and blink, I am totally down with that.

Dirty Sanchez and Turkeylegz like this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Tom doesn't give two shits about blink-182 and hasn't for years. Why would you still want his influence in the band at all? He doesn't show any signs of wanting to be involved in music period.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yep, he's interested in directing nude skateboarders.

9. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Alkaline Trio>>>>>>Blink. Picked up Crimson and Good Mourning vinyls a couple days back, been on repeat.

Daniel182 likes this.