Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Matt Skiba Apologizes to Fans for the Fyre Festival

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ caught up with Blink-182’s Matt Skiba and asked him about the Frye Festival. He apologized to fans for the disaster:

We were only pulling out because we were getting the feeling that it didn’t have enough of our stage that we needed to put on the show we have. We’re on tour right now and we have a production that we bring with us and they weren’t able to facilitate the show that we put on, so we were just like, ‘We can’t play the show.’

2. aniafc

Trusted

By "enough of our stage" does he mean "there was no stage at all"?

3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's where they went wrong - dedicating an entire festival to former Cleveland Browns quarterback Charlie Frye.

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Actually, I believe the festival was dedicated to current Cleveland Cavalier Channing Frye.

Schooner and Zilla like this.
  5. Skiba interviewed by TMZ..how things change

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Love it!

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. aniafc

Trusted

Neither of these matter because it's called Fyre Festival. Gosh. Can't you all keep track of high-dollar festivals that flop and turn out to be a scheme?

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It was too beautiful and pure for this world. So our dream had to die.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Check out the headline, bro.

10. damn you typos

11. aniafc

Trusted

What's really comical is that they are offering these attendees free VIP tickets to next year's event.

Raku likes this.
  12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

It is ok. For one glorious moment, we got to fly too close to the sun.

13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

the pitch deck got leaked, and it's full of typos and useless buzzwords like "the fyre squad" and "the fyre starters". a beautiful dumpster fyre

Raku likes this.
  14. Iamhollywood315

Regular

haha after the lawsuit thats most likely going to take a year or more to stand trial their won't be a 2018 festival. Jersey boy and Rule are going to have some agonizing and difficult months ahead and I almost started to feel bad for them but in reality, the writing was on the wall and I'm sure they knew for a fact it couldn't be pulled off months prior and for that I do not feel bad for them because they could have pulled the plug early on and bowed out before the shit storm. They essentially put peoples lives and well being in jepordy and that's not cool.

Raku likes this.
  15. aniafc

Trusted

Absolutely, no feeling bad for Ja Rule and the other guy here -- at all. There was an article from an employee who worked with them and they made it seem like Ja Rule didn't take it seriously at all, which is not surprising.

Just a bad situation, and I feel terrible for everyone who paid for this.

Raku likes this.
  16. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

They made the right call, this festival was a disaster of hilarious proportions.

Raku likes this.
  17. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

the comments under that video are depressing.

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

TMZ comments are even worse than Youtube comments

Zilla likes this.
  19. bloodinthesand

Regular

lame

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I love his music and all, but I highly doubt I'd be able to pick out Matt Skiba at LAX.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm a little weirded out that they aren't willing to play a show without 'production'. Obviously bailing on Fyre is the right call but, for that reason...hmm...

Raku likes this.
  22. devenstonow

Noobie

because decisions like that aren't made by blink-182

23. aniafc

Trusted

I don't know if they could legally say "we pulled out because the festival looked like a dumpster fire and a scam to the people who purchased tickets"

24. Schooner

Trusted

Best decision to get the hell ou of that thing and keep their brand nowhere associated it

Also kudos for Channing Frye joke above fella