Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mat Kerekes - Ruby (April 19, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SPine, Mar 1, 2019.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

My overall thoughts, this may be Mats best album. Super eclectic and really creative stuff. Also a very dynamic album, think it’s a big step up over Luna.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Is this out?

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Leftandleaving likes this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I hate you guys that have it.

teebs41 and momo32t like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ha, well id share if i could.

6. MichaelSweet17

I hope he eventually sells them online. So sad I missed out. This album needs a release date I'm STARVING

7. momo32t

Trusted

Someone in NYC asked him when it would be on Spotify and he said he didn't know.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it possible the label is waiting to see if they can push a song to radio before setting a release date?

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Finally gonna play the vinyl tonight! Sorry to those of you who don't have it.

teebs41, momo32t and MichaelSweet17 like this.
  10. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah this shit sucks, can't listen to this and it's snowing over here in DC, couldn't risk it to go to the show. Drove around a bit before and my car wasn't doing well. Oh well, just give us some more impressions for those that have it.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. As much as I want to hear this, this whole situation is pretty funny to me. Normally we’re all complaining about waiting for the vinyl for months after streams go up, but here we are in the exact opposite situation and it’s like so much worse lol

12. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Its kinda genius if you wanna avoid typical leaks. Builds hype and makes people want to buy the vinyl even more haha.

coleslawed and MichaelSweet17 like this.
  13. MichaelSweet17

Vinyl can easily be made into mp3 and leaked too. But with limited vinyl each show its much more unlikely. The artwork for this album is amazing. Love the vinyl packaging

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Album did not disappoint. Great progression from Luna.

Kmil and MichaelSweet17 like this.
  15. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Yeah, exactly. I'm so OCD I won't download a vinyl rip because each rip sounds different. (Some people like that.. meh.)

MichaelSweet17 likes this.
  16. momo32t

Trusted

Upon listening to Ruby from beginning to end, I gotta say this is a wonderful album. Great progression from Luna while this holding onto elements from that album.

Going to have to keep spinning this record until a digital actually comes out.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hha I know, what did you think of the instrumentation, I thought these songs felt way more fleshed out than Luna

18. momo32t

Trusted

Luna was very much confined to guitar work and little else, as much as I love how bare that album is.

Between the use of backing vocals, piano, etc., it was nice to hear the maturation of the songs. Diamonds is probably the most emblematic of this shift.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I sort of wonder if this has a higher ceiling than citizen, feels more accessible.

20. momo32t

Trusted

I personally like his solo work more than Citizen, but that may just be me. I know in NY people were confident they were getting Citizen songs, and I didn’t want to get their hopes up.

At 24 it’s clear Mat is a prolific song writer. I’d have to guess he will only get better in time so my guess is this project does have more room to grow, even after Ruby.

coleslawed, sonder and teebs41 like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He’s only 24!?!?!?

sonder likes this.
  22. MichaelSweet17

Ugh this record needs to drop

23. SPine

Trusted

It's wild that I first saw Citizen like 5 years ago and had no idea they were younger than me

teebs41 likes this.
  24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Ciz rules.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Diamonds might be my favorite song this year so far

Gives me a Go radio vibe with a little sprinkle of The Format

sonder, teebs41 and MichaelSweet17 like this.