Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mat Kerekes - Ruby (April 19, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SPine, Mar 1, 2019.

1. SPine Mar 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    SPine

Trusted

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

here for it, going to try to go next week in philly!

3. Jealous you got a copy! These songs are really cool.

I don’t mean this as a big diss to Will Yip or anything but how much of a switch up these songs are from what we’d normally expect from Mat sort of confirms my belief that all these artists that keep going to him for every record should really consider like... going to someone new sometime, lol.

SaveTheEarth, SPine and teebs41 like this.
  4. Kmil

Trusted

I'm hyped for this, but the album roll out is weird and I don't like it. If the vinyl is out, I should be able to hear this now.

5. SPine

Trusted

Mat's band consisted of his brother Chris, girlfriend Gabby, Jacob Sigman (one of the openers), Jake from Citizen on drums, Brett from The Flats, and Mat & Chris' Dad. Having a 6 piece band around Mat was so good. Mat's Dad sang Anthony Green's part of Direction. It was so cool.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

that is so cool, and makes me really happy to see them.

7. Kmil

Trusted

Damn that's awesome, I'm gonna try and make it out to his show.

8. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Cannot wait to hear this album.

teebs41 likes this.
  9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Picked up that Ruby tonight !!

Contender likes this.
  10. michael sauvageau

11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Can't wait to pick it up. Going tonight hopefully i do.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Kmil

Trusted

Does the vinyl come with a download code or is it just the record? I'm gonna try and make it out to the DC show on the 8th

14. MichaelSweet17

I'm going to assume just the record! Especially since the album isn't officially out yet

Kmil likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Anyone that has gone to this tour, is it all solo material or does he sprinkle in some Citizen?

16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

No Ciz material at the Toronto date and no i don't think it comes with a download code. Vinyl only

Kmil and btr like this.
  17. marissalg

Trusted

All of the songs he did from Ruby he played last night were so good. I’ve never seen him play his solo stuff before and I was really blown away.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. SPine

Trusted

My favorites are Diamonds & Young

19. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

So did he play Diamonds? Wondering how it came across live cause I absolutely love the studio version.

20. marissalg

Trusted

Yeah, it sounded incredible. I didn’t realize they were just giving out the flexi of it to the first 50 people through the door so that was a nice surprise.

sonder likes this.
  21. momo32t

Trusted

Even if I can't get a copy of Ruby tomorrow night, hoping to snag Luna on vinyl (finally).

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  22. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Oh that's awesome to hear! I missed the Detroit show but am hopefully gonna make it to the Chicago date.

marissalg likes this.
  23. marissalg

Trusted

It was one of the best shows I’ve been to in a while. I was just really impressed by Mat’s set.

sonder and Colin Your Enthusiasm like this.
  24. SPine

Trusted

Diamonds ruled live

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Really enjoying the record!