Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mat Kerekes - Luna & The Wild Blue Everything (August 26, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 5, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I come back to it more than I thought I would. Some of the songs bleed together bc of how dark they are lol and there are a ton of these low melodies but it has this really dark vibe that I enjoy

2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I remember the dark vibe quite a bit. It reminded me of Daisy at times because of that. I don't know, I'm excited to give it another try. I'll probably put Youth on as well while I'm at it.

DejaMoi and teebs41 like this.
  3. Kmil

Trusted

I don't really like the latest Citizen album, but "Yellow Love", "Weave Me (Into Yr Sin), and "Ring of Chain" are awesome

4. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Surprised people are calling this front loaded. Riding In Your Car and From None are my two clear faves so far.

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

The run from Direction through Bosque Verde is phenomenal. Not that I dislike the opener, I think it's great, but those 4 songs hit me a little harder.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Serious bright eyes vibes from canvas

7. ImAMetaphor

I'm getting a touch of The Early November in this one, actually.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. Kmil

Trusted

Anyone able to find some lyrics to this thing? Guess I gotta wait till my vinyl gets here

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

is this more interesting than anything citizen has done?

10. Kmil

Trusted

I like it more then the last Citizen record and maybe over Citizen in general, give it a listen, it's pretty good.

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

KidLightning and Anticitizen7 like this.
  12. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

KidLightning and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Everybody goes to heaven was pretty damn interesting.. Took a lot of risks

DejaMoi and Transient_Hymn like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That came off more aggressive then I attended lol

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

intrrrsting but lacked any interesting hooks, still pretty monotone and not dynamic...just bland even if they went in some weird directions

16. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Both are great records that I go back to regularly. I like them both equally I think but for different reasons. Excellent back to back interesting to hear the progression.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  17. This albums kinda blends together for me but I like the bookends and From None a lot

18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Listening on headphones this disc does blend for me. But on the SONOS...whole different story. The guitar in the lighter tracks really stands out. Great tones

19. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I can definitely see these complaints. I think both records struggle to keep you pulled in for the entire duration, but I think Youth just had those standout tracks that allowed people to kind of overlook the overall blandness of the record overall. I love the sound they're going for with each of the two records, but I don't love their execution. I'll take EIGTH over Youth, though. Cement alone sways me that way.

20. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Does anyone wanna share detailed thoughts about what meaning they pull from Bosque Verde?

21. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I really like this record

teebs41 likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album is quite solid.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

His track from that Will Yip comp was really good.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

finally coming back to this for the first time in a while... so good!

DejaMoi likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I think I will get this one on vinyl eventually. I like how the vinyl variant ties in nicely for the album art.