Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mat Kerekes - Luna & The Wild Blue Everything (August 26, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Kmil

Trusted

Slower then I thought it would be, but greatly enjoying this

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Favorite new voice in the scene. Also his lyrics improve with every release...excited to see him with AG next month

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This is out? Awesome! I was a Mat Kerekes fan before I was a Citizen fan, so I'm excited to hear this.

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The intro of canvas sounds like "Move Along"

5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Out tomorrow, officially, streaming today.

I didn't pay close attention to the lyrics, so I hope they're up on Bandcamp tomorrow to read along while listening.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Kmil

Trusted

Favorites so far are the 3 singles, ...For Anyone, and the last song

8. KidLightning likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol too lazy but yea I could have done that

Transient_Hymn and KidLightning like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Second time through, melodies on this are actually quite similar to the last citizen record at times

Anticitizen7 likes this.
  11. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

AOTY contender for sure. When I heard there was a lot of slower tracks I was kinda worried it would be boring at times, but that doesn't happen and the tracks were placed really well.

12. Turntstile

Just listened to this not knowing what to expect at all since I didn't listen to the singles but I love this record so much it's great

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I knew this would be great. Halfway through it and loving it. Mat is actually in like my top 5 fave vocalists so it's safe to say that anything he's involved in I'll be interested in hearing.

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  14. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Favorite song for everybody ?
    I think From None is my early fav.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I need more listens but Lucky #3 is a great jam

16. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Lucky #3 is my early pick, but it's close.

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

"The Means of ( )" is strong contender for best song and hardest to say.

18. Kmil

Trusted

...For Anyone for me, it's not particularly dynamic, but man it gets me. So I'm loving this album, but does anyone else feel that the first 3 songs should have been spread out through the album instead of in a row?

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  19. Yellowcard2006 Aug 26, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 27, 2016)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Yeah definitely feels front-loaded, not that the rest of the album isn't good there are just a lot of slower pace or stripped down songs.

20. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah, that's the thing, plug in Lucky #3 or Direction in the middle of this album and I feel it would flow much better.

21. Tomar Re

Regular

Lucky #3 sounds so much like The Ocean Breathes Salty by MM but I still really like it. Album sounds good so far.

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think my favourite so far is In Every Inch, In Every Mile. Gives me Transatlanticism vibes

KidLightning likes this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm beginning to really fall in love with this album. It's not something that will be in contention for my AOTY, but I think it's extremely solid front to back. Mat's melodies are very interesting to me, and I think he does a good job of spicing up the songs by adding things like strings, drums, bass, and piano. All the songs are rooted in a single guitar/vocals arrangement, but become a lot more than that. I'd love to get the lyrics in front of me.

I'm curious to see how much I return to this in the fall, especially with everything else thats coming out.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's really solid. For a solo debut especially. Yellow love or heaviside wouldn't feel terribly out of place on here.

This album pretty much assures me that we haven't heard the best citizen record yet.

DejaMoi and ImAMetaphor like this.
  25. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I'm gonna have to revisit that record. I remember really enjoying a few of the songs but I completely forgot about it as the year went on.