Mastodon Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by inwaves, Apr 13, 2016.

1. inwaves

I'm only here to disappoint

Let's discuss this fantastic band. Along with Deftones, one of my absolute favorite bands making heavy music today. Leviathan, Blood Mountain, and Crack the Skye are perfect, imo.
  2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Prestigious

Crack The Skye is my favorite. Great live band too.
  3. Steve_JustAGuy

I think Crack The Skye is my favorite, but that was the first time I heard them, so that may play a part. These guys are awesome.
  4. sponsor
  5. bd007h's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Tied with Between the Buried and Me as the best band in metal right now imo.
  6. bd007h's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I think Leviathan is my favorite.
    coleslawed and inwaves like this.
  7. DesolateEarth

"Ancient kingdom still remain, Crumble slowly."

Just revisited Once More 'Round The Sun today. Still tied with Crack The Skye as my favorite album by them "The Motherload", "Asleep In The Deep", and "Diamond In The Witch House" are some of the best songs they have written.
  8. justanothersnakekvlt

No other album has "Colony of Birchmen," so BM is a pretty easy pick for me. Once More was a pretty big disappointment for me, but I'm glad they're still doing their thing. Never thought I'd end up loving Baroness more.
    Anthony Brooks likes this.
  9. inwaves

Crack the Skye
    Blood Mountain
    Once More 'Round the Sun
    The Hunter

Gotta be honest and say I haven't spent much time with Remission, which is blasphemy, I know.
  10. inwaves

Super stoked for Emperor of Sand!
    Anthony Brooks likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

Formerly chewbacca110 on

Single is good but sorta feels like more of the same. Brent's vocals are fantastic.
  12. sophos34 Supporter

Daaaamn need to listen
  13. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

inwaves likes this.
  14. inwaves

I've really enjoyed the songs released thus far. Andromeda is probably my favorite so far.