Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Masterchef • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by riotspray, Jun 5, 2019.

1. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

yung_ting likes this.
  2. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Yep. That’s why they made a point to talk about his ability to season things. He’s clearly like one of the most talented chefs in the entire competition. He just can’t focus at all and he works so erratically under pressure. I’m pulling for him but he’s definitely going to get exposed again in another team challenge.

yung_ting likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm not sure how Dorian won. Had the least impressive meal by far, imo.

Jim likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Subha should have won tbh

Jim and Ken like this.
  5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

haha I would have rioted

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly thought this whole season kinda sucked. There wasn't really a standout for me. I wasn't going into the final five or six thinking any of the people were particularly strong choices. Maybe the redneck guy?

Ken likes this.
  7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I agree, this season was a disappointment. I didn't like the redneck guy because he'd always match the color of his bandanna to his overalls and that drove me crazy haha. I was rooting for Nick in the finale, but that's not really because I liked him. I think in general, the competitors were weaker than usual. The challenge at Gordon's restaurant seemed like a joke... all they were cooking was the proteins. The first half of the season was definitely the better half.

8. riotspray Sep 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 26, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This was the first season of MasterChef that I watched (after this last season of MC Jr.) and it was pretty lackluster tbh. It was fun at times, but it's just too much of the same stuff over and over again. I think Dorian was a fair winner though. I like that someone who was truly just a home chef and who got better over the course of the show won and she fit that criteria.

Ken likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, one of the things about shows like this is that they pick who is going far in the competition right off the bat. When you look at all of the stories of people with deep runs and winners you see how compelling they are. Dorian fits a demo that they haven't hit with past winners, so she makes sense as a winner. Christine is still the absolute best story out of any of it.

riotspray and Ken like this.
  10. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Wait what the hell? Dorian was so sweet and pretty consistently crushed every challenge, I was rooting for her from pretty much the beginning and she killed it imo

Loved the season but I love every season. Thought Fred, Wuta, and Micah were all great also

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Her finale entree was basic AF. That's my problem with her winning.

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Nick had the most interesting final dish but he's already going to Harvard, he'll do alright coming in 2nd or 3rd or whatever it was. This is a good opportunity for Dorian (at least that's the story they're trying to tell)

I think Micah winning would have been a good story too but he couldn't quite hang with the finalists.

yung_ting and Ken like this.
  13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Dorian annoyed me the whole contest

My favorites were Micah and Shari. I liked Noah too. Overall a meh season

Ken likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah i thought the season was weak also. I wanted Nick to win, but Dorian deserved it.

15. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Nick is a trust fund kid that probably grew up cooking in a kitchen worth more than my apartment, he did not deserve to win lol

Beer pong and a dirty old book is dumb, don’t care if Joe thinks it’s revelatory

Good cook tho

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't want anyone winning that serves food in a fucking book

Ken and yung_ting like this.
  17. brothemighty

Trusted

Early MasterChef is goated