Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Master of None (Aziz Ansari, Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

First episode was wonderful. This show eclipses his stand up

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Man, just finished New York, I Love You. the section in the middle with the deaf woman was absolutely incredible, this show is so good for representation and telling stories that you wouldn't see anywhere else and that section really cemented my love for this show.

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

just finished ep. 3. damn this show is insanely good. already on the same level as season 1.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Gonna start this either tomorrow or next day. Just finished rewatching S1 today and I still love it.

Can someone spoil if Noel Wells comes back? I love her/her character and I kind of want to know in advance so I'm not disappointed

5. jjnunn118

I got two episodes left in the season but the first episode features a text from her fairly prominently and Dev trying to figure out whether to text her back, then in the second episode it shows them texting quite a bit. But that's kind of the end of it up to where I am, she's not even really mentioned in the other 6 episodes I watched and no actual appearances.

tdlyon likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

I love Francesca so so much, I really hope this has a happy ending but there's like a pit in my stomach knowing it probably won't end well.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  7. jjnunn118

Other people get in here!!! This season was unreal. the Chef Jeff harassment allegations plot couldn't have come at a more appropriate time, what with the Fox News stuff in the mainstream and PWR BTTM in our little scene.
    This season has really cemented this in my mind as an important show, not just a great one.

RJ Knorr and yeahrightdude like this.
  8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Had to delete my criticism after watching a few more episodes because I'm really feeling like a fool after finishing the season.

this season is incredible.

RJ Knorr and nl5011 like this.
  9. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

This is really one of the best seasons of TV ever.

The only issue I'm seeing around is that people are slightly disappointed that another non woc is picked as Dev's "interest"

Perhaps Sara makes a triumphant return in S3

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Also Ep 8 was unbelievable.

Had to listen to that New Edition song a few times; it's one of the best songs of all time

nl5011 likes this.
  11. Signifire May 13, 2017
    (Last edited: May 13, 2017)
    Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

nipplesandtoes23

And yeah I fell in love with Francesca. That accent :hearteyes:

nl5011 likes this.
  12. zigbigwig May 13, 2017
    (Last edited: May 13, 2017)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Five episodes in.

Gorgeous show. My SO chuckled at the first date episode because tinder for friendship is something I've been pitching her since last month.

I've been a huge fan of Aziz since his first stand up and I never would've figured this was the kind of show he wanted to make. I mean not that there weren't hints or anything, but the show is just so brilliant in so many different ways. And it's just so easy to watch even if it deals with uncomfortable themes a lot of times.

I'm not excited to finish it because I'd just wish there were more.

13. Is the entire first episode black & white? Lol come on Aziz.

zigbigwig likes this.
  14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Allora... it's good.

15. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

The episode that focused on the door man's life and the other pedestrians was incredible. I loved the cab drivers.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My guess is it's paying tribute to 1960s Italian new wave cinema

Why Bother? and fronkensteen like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

4 episodes in, can't wait to catch the rest later

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

4 eppies in also, noticing this season is more autobiographical and narrative-based than last season, which I felt was more Louie-like in how each episode revolved around a certain theme. There are definitely still elements of that but now I'm just noticing Dev is really coming into his own as a fictional character.

Loving it so far, if i forgot to say

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit, episode 6. This show is such a treat.

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Seven (maybe eight?) episodes in. There's so, so much great stuff this season, miles above the already great first year.

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished episode 3. His dad has the best comedic timing and delivery.

22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Two thoughts so far:
    1. His father may be my favorite character in television.
    2. Episode 8 is too damn good.

imthesheriff likes this.
  23. thevheissu

that's not how the force works Prestigious

New York, I Love You was great.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Love that long shot in the taxi at the end of The Dinner Party.

25. Oh my fucking god at Dev yelling at Denise's grandma from across the table

imthesheriff and amorningofsleep like this.