Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Master of None (Aziz Ansari, Netflix) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I thought it was a good parallel for the Dev/Francesca plotline. It disappoints me that Dev didn't recognize that. I think I need to rewatch this season to make sense of all the different themes. I'm back-and-forth on my original impression of the season, that it culminates with the idea that everyone feels a desperation for real love and real human connection, but no matter how you paint it, those things fade with time and experience. There's so much content to unpack in these 10 little episodes and the way it leaves off open-ended really shows how confident Aziz is as a storyteller/artist

DejaMoi likes this.
  2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

MoN is live:

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

About to finish season 2. Loved this show. I'm hoping they make a season 3.

DejaMoi likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished this. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely has it's clunky moments but overall it was pretty great.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thought this season was great. Brought me through a bunch of different emotions and was super ambitious (the ep with all of the random people's stories ending in the theater next to Dev) was crazy good. Dinner Party, the episodes in Italy and the second to last with Fran were all incredible.

DejaMoi and JRGComedy like this.
  6. delvec19

Trusted

AAAAAAAALLLLOOOOORRRRAAAAA

7. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Nipplesandtoes23

8. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

His mom is the worst in my opinion, as far as the bad acting goes. I thought I was the only one who noticed the bad acting haha.

9. Larry David

Blew through Season 1. Onto Season 2!

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I just feel that's natural social awkwardness, it never appeared like bad acting to me. Same with all the other characters.

11. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

As others have said, I'm not harsh on his family members' acting since they are his real life family members. His dad kills it though

12. Larry David

His dad is hilarious

DejaMoi and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

His mom has improved a lot from last season to be honest. I'll second his dad killing it though, lol.

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I see a bit of my own father and uncles in Aziz' father, so the acting is pretty genuine and on point.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I think his parents are great in it. I saw Aziz in an interview say his mom isn't too into it though, but his dad loves it.

16. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

The second season of this is seriously fantastic.

DejaMoi, popdisaster00 and Cameron like this.
  17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I swear I'd watch a show that only stars his dad.

tucah, ECV, local_corn and 4 others like this.
  18. The second season really improved over the first, so I'm real excited to see what kind of storylines and experimentation we see in season 3.

19. If it ever comes out :'(

20. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I like the idea, that was here or some other place I can't remember, that they could do a season with episodes revolving around different people, like some of the best episodes from this season. I think their most valuable asset is the way everything shot and the general vibe, if Aziz needs time for ideas it'd be interesting to let other voices write episodes in this style.

OotyPa likes this.
  21. Larry David

Going to Whole Foods, want me to pick you up anything?

22. Allllora

stayillogical likes this.
  23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

So what are the thoughts on the ending of season 2 in here. Man I miss the imdb message boards in times like these. Still so pissed off they got rid of them.

stayillogical likes this.
  24. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

She left her boyfriend and stayed in New York with Dev.

DejaMoi and I Am Mick like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yep, 100%

DejaMoi likes this.