Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Master of None (Aziz Ansari, Netflix) TV Show • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

You're the worst.

2. tvck

Trusted

Don't worry, I love LOVE. But I can understand it being a somewhat acquired taste with the character of Gus

3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

It should be noted that I watch Grey's Anatomy so my taste in television is exquisite.

4. electro haikus likes this.
  5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

About halfway through this season and I'm loving it. First Date was spectacular.

I don't like Love because, aside from the usual Apatow bloat, I know people like Gus in Mickey in real life and they are incredibly toxic and not fun to be around, therefore I don't enjoy watching them in a TV show.

SEANoftheDEAD and stayillogical like this.
  7. Finally started this show after hearing so many good things. Only watched the first three eps so far, it reminds me a lot of Louie at the moment.

8. I finished S2 and I'm so sad it's over.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  9. This season rivaled Louie in terms of emotion, comedy, heartbreak, and every other possible feeling somehow meshed together without ever feeling forced

cwhit likes this.
  10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

guess I should watch louie sometime eh

Petit nain des Îles and OotyPa like this.
  11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

speaking of Louie, and this show to an extent

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Tbh on this dating episode the Ramaniac is probably the best match

13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Louie is one of my fav shows, its brilliant

14. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Great now we have to redo the thread because we forgot to compare Louis with MoN, YTW and Love.

Does anyone remember Moffat's Coupling? I haven't watched it again so I'm not sure if it holds up well.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nah it's the master of none, louie, atlanta comparison that needs to happen you know, gotta compare all these prestige dramedies

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I feel like Casual should be thrown in with those. I haven't watched any of the others but from what I hear that sounds right

Whalejaw likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This website needs a "Compare Things General" thread

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

that'd literally just be kanye rankings 90% of the thread

irthesteve likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

NipplesAndToes23

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit the long shot at the end of the Dinner Party was great as is the sequence with the deaf characters in New York, I Love You.

More than anything, I love how earnest this show is.

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

@nipplesandtoes23

22. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Man, those last two episodes were really beautiful. They dug me deep.

Though I have to say, the inclusion of the Perv Chef Jeff B-plot in the finale felt really out of place. Of course, the message it was sending is very important. But it felt so disconnected to where the plot as a whole was with Dev/Fran at that point that it would have worked a lot better as a standalone somewhere else.

I can't think of another season of a show that both had episodes that were all time classics and episodes that were an insane chore to get through.

JRGComedy likes this.
  23. The Chef Jeff thing could have used one more episode to put a ribbon on it. I thought it was gonna be a character development moment for Dev in realizing how poorly he treated Francesca and that never happened.

incognitojones, Kyle is hk and OotyPa like this.
  24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, Dev definitely has his flaws, but I appreciate that the show doesn't shy away from depicting him as a jerk sometimes

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

I liked the Chef Jeff B Plot culminating in the finale because it would have been too neat to wrap it up cleanly or directly before/after settling up the Francesca stuff