Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Massive Attack Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by George, Mar 10, 2016.

1. George

Trusted Prestigious

Massive Attack are an English trip hop group formed in 1988 in Bristol, consisting of Robert "3D" Del Naja, Grant "Daddy G" Marshall and formerly Andy "Mushroom" Vowles ("Mush"). Their debut album Blue Lines was released in 1991, with the single "Unfinished Sympathy" reaching the charts and later being voted the 63rd greatest song of all time in a poll by NME. 1998's Mezzanine, containing "Teardrop", and 2003's 100th Window charted in the UK at number 1. Both Blue Lines and Mezzanine feature in Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

[​IMG]

Essential Albums; Blue Lines, Mezzanine

RIYL: DJ Shadow, Bjork, The Streets, Portishead

2. George

Trusted Prestigious

For those of you that may be a bit more familiar with the band, they released a new EP this year called Ritual Spirit, featuring Young Fathers, Azekal, Roots Manuva and Tricky. Definitely worth hearing.

3. George

Trusted Prestigious

Intense new video with Rosamund Pike.

4. George

Trusted Prestigious

New song / video with Cate Blanchett.

5. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

Hope Sandoval's voice works very well with Massive Attack. I dig this song, it's nothing spectacular but it does give me hope for their new album after the disappointment of Heligoland.

6. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I know it's slightly irrelevant, but I'm listening to Maxinquaye for the first time tonight, and goddamn.

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

One night I put on Protection to accompany me to sleep not having heard anything by this band, and that first 6 minutes is still some of the most moving music I've ever heard

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Listening to Mezzanine for the second time ever, first in a few years. Definitely feeling a good 75% of this, but I gotta say, the front half is really where it's at. Nothing came even close to those first four tracks, especially "Inertia Creeps." Between this and loving Tricky's debut, I think I may be a big fan of trip hop.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Horrorca

Trusted

seeing them live tonight - gonna be epic

11. Horrorca

Trusted

they opened with a Velvet Underground & a The Cure cover

wtf

it was amazing