Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC/PS4/XBO, March 21, 2017) Video Game • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Davjs likes this.
  2. brentkid

Regular

Honestly I've been enjoying this a lot thus far. I will admit that after putting a decent amount of time into the game it feels pretty massive and a bit overwhelming at times. I'm level 12 and I feel like there are a lot of things I haven't really even attempted yet because the game sort of just dumps a million things at your feet with vague explanations.

RuckerPark and The Lucky Moose like this.
  3. Dodge725

Trusted

I've been loving this so far. It does feel very overwhelming but I really enjoy the exploration and the story is really interesting. I totally understand why this game might not be for everyone, especially comparing this to the first 3 ME games which are much more action/war based. Sure the characters aren't as good as previous iterations and there's some parts of the combat system I'm not a huge fan of (mostly the enemies having 100% accuracy from twice as far as my sniper rifle can even see) but it's still a great game in my opinion.

RuckerPark likes this.
  4. BHS1985

I just beat Breath of the Wild and don't want to dive straight into another huge story just yet so I've only played multiplayer so far...and it's awful compared to Mass Effect 3. Really hoping the campaign doesn't disappoint.

5. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

I'm about done with the main story and I love it. I really like the MP too but haven't played the previous ME games. If anybody is playing on XBO and wants to team up- I'm VonRuck on there.

6. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I think I'll wait to play again for the patch Thursday. Lots of stuff but the best sounds like being able to skip the animations on the galaxy map and a larger inventory cap. Sounds like they'll also be adding content.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. armistice

Captain Vietnam: Bestower of Tumors

I'm a few hours into my Insanity playthrough at L63 and holy shit do you get shredded when you can't get into cover. Focusing on reading and listening to everything this time through and liking the content a lot more. Trying to find a way to save a certain someone at the end. Don't know if it's even possible. One thing I will say is that the first ME was propelled a lot by the Kaiden/Ashley event. Once more people get through the main story I'd love to hear if people feel like the possible comparable events in ME:A felt as significant. Loved all the architect fights.

However: Mass Effect Andromeda is another failure for trans representation

8. T.J.

music and baseball.

I just started playing this last night and, already, I am feeling like this is going to be a overwhelming. I've done more reading than shooting. haha

9. brentkid

Regular

Just over 24 hours of playtime. I'm definitely hooked. The depth of the profiles and builds is pretty awesome. I've re-specced 3 times or so. There's also so much to do that I feel like I haven't touched the main storyline missions in a while, which is fine to me. Getting every planet to 100% viability has been keeping me preoccupied. Just have one more left to do.

10. Vivatoto

Oh hey, my inventory limit is 200 now, I'm happy.

Dirty Sanchez and brentkid like this.
  11. Raku Apr 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2017)
    Raku

Regular

This is old, but I thought it would be worth sharing of Angryjoe's Vlog styled review of the game:

Edit: video has spoilers (which I had tagged in my post) so instead of embedding, I will just link:

https://t.co/BxYdqdsEtT

^Youtube link, I had to copy the exact link from AJ's twitter because the youtube direct link insisted on being an embedded video

Anyway, I also want to say that after watching some videos and streams (I watched Angry Joe and Other Joe stream up to a bit after the mission where Peebee is introduced), but my main focus of content is on the character creation, and story. I know at this point it might be asking for too much, but I was kind of hoping that we could play as something else other than Human, you know? They have some interesting alien races that would be great to main as, and they could easily set up a story around that.

What the story is in the main game/story-line you take place as either Scott, or Sara (Depending on which you choose) while the other is in a coma. You go on a mission to explore a planet with your father, and he ends up dead because he sacrificed his life to save your hence passing on his connection to SAM, and making you the new Pathfinder.
    What the story could become if you chose to play as one of the aliens is that you are cadet who is teamed up with either Scott, or Sara (again, one of them will be in the coma depending on one of your choices). Scott (or Sara), the original Pathfinder, you, and the rest of the team go on the exact same mission as before. However, this time, the Pathfinder sacrifices his life for yours, passing on SAM, and making you the new Pathfinder. Scott (or Sara) can be upset that you were made the Pathfinder in place of them, and they could be somewhat antagonistic (either passive, active, or maybe a bit of both) towards you while they look over their sibling who is in a coma. That would be a perfect solution other than playing as another Human character.

Speaking of Humans, I was also a bit disappointed with how they handled the character system. First, we can't even edit the looks of Scott, or Sara, we have to just make our own and deal with the other presets? I don't like that even though your main is a male or female, you can't fully edit your sibling (like their name, and having the look of both siblings factoring into your parents). I don't know...

I am happy for those that are enjoying this game for what it is though. Maybe someday there will be a game like this that will grab my attention.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Beat the main story. I loved this game. I didn't feel quite the emotional highs I did during the original trilogy, but it's just the first game (I assume). Some solid characterization, a gripping and interesting sci-fi story, and I got to spend a ton of time in the Mass Effect universe again and it was a blast. Really looking forward to more from this story and these characters.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  13. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The final mission is epic as fuck

14. Vivatoto

I spent so long on the last mission before I realized that there was an enemy stuck in the wall that I couldn't get to, by far the most common bug I ran into, I actually think I got really lucky with bugs and shit for the most part, at least compared to what I saw online.

15. The Lucky Moose

I had a few audio bugs, some texture pop-in, and my character was partly missing from two side quest cut scenes.

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

I had about 50 hours with no bugs or at least anything noticeable. Pee Bee couldn't figure our where the hell she wanted to lean but that was about it. I don't know if it coincided with the patch, or it's just because I had a lot of hours in the game (I know that happens from time to time) but after that I had a few quests that I couldn't finish until I reloaded the game, and I still have 3 tasks in my journal that I can't turn in because they're glitched out, which is basically the only thing left in my journal. Texture pop in was bad post patch when I fast traveled.

I recall a loyalty mission too where I was missing from the cutscene but I don't remember which one.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finally started this last night. Didn't play too much, but so far the cover system and the jump jets feel kind of wonky.

18. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Only real complaint so far is that I have a to look at Ryder's awful attempt at a beard. Get this man a razor!

19. The Lucky Moose

I think custom made characters tend to look a lot better than the stock characters in this game, something about the main characters' regular feels off to me

Raku likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just started my first explorations off the ship. Forgot how much I loved exploring the different planets. I can tell I'm going to be investing a lot of time into this game.

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

22. Dirty Sanchez May 10, 2017
    (Last edited: May 10, 2017)
    Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

the 180 you took on the OP gave me whiplash

Raku, Dirty Sanchez and Joe4th like this.
  24. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

What squadmates are people normally running with?

25. The Lucky Moose

Phoebe and Drack