Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC/PS4/XBO, March 21, 2017) Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

nailed it

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think it actually works like 30% of the time.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i posted a giphy gif first, then had to upload it to imgur and posted it with the [ img ] tags and it didn't work. then just pasted in the url and it worked.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Seems to be that the split concerns how much of the bugs and other technical issues one can tolerate to get through the story and get to know all the characters. GI and IGN give it good scores, but then I just read one review that gave it a 55/100 based pretty much entirely on the technical problems.

5. Anthony_

I've seen a couple reviews make a point of comparison that I've also been kind of feeling myself just from how the game's plot and tone has been presented and described: where the trilogy was like Star Wars, Andromeda feels more like Star Trek. Makes a lot of sense, honestly.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

A sub-quest I did not complete from a larger quest I did complete won't leave my hud, even though it should. Even if I deactivate the display of quests in the hud, it stays. It's very annoying and actually the main reason I never played most of the DLC.

7. drewinseries

Drew

In all the fluff I liked this guys take.

Essentially:
    If you don't know how Mass Effect games work (talking with crew after each mission, hunting in dialogue to learn more about characters, codex is your friend etc), it's not a very enticing experience. If you do do all of those things, and love ME lore, it's a great experience. Still wonky animations though.

Also didn't really know this is essentially this teams first AAA game. Holy pressure Batman. Coincidentally. I've seen this compared to Arkham Origins in terms of its place in the series.

8. Anthony_

I actually like and still defend Arkham Origins. I'll take it over all the batmobile stuff in Arkham Knight any day.

Davjs and drewinseries like this.
  9. drewinseries

Drew

I love Origins. I enjoy that comparison to be honest.

10. Anthony_

So apparently the GameStop in my town has been doing early releases for big games lately. Don't really know how or why they're able to do that, all I know is I'm getting the game at 9:00 p.m. today instead of midnight.

11. drewinseries

Drew

I just grabbed the free trial on Origin Access. 4.99, I can play tonight, then I get 10 percent off the actual game. So I'm playing a night earlier for essentially the same price of the base game. No way i'll cap ten hours tonight anyway.

12. drewinseries

Drew

Having a blast so far. Opening is as massive RPG as you can get. Cover system is wonky but jump jets make up for it.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

So yeah just did my first session. If the first hours are the worst, color me real excited. Lots of content here. I'm digging the characters. I love Ryder's vulnerability and novice in his huge role, really makes the weight of not having a home much heavier. I also prefer the loss of paragon renegade. I'm able to be worried, scared, inspirational and more without having to worry about always hitting top right.

Totally gonna romance the Scottish science officer. Her character is rad. Also, voice acting anchors messy animations, in my opinion.

EDIT: Off mobile so I will add more...

My PC runs it fairly well. 40-50 FPS with a GTX680, i7-3700k 8GB RAM. The design of the nexus is really, really cool. Loving the mystery that your father leaves behind. It definitely feels like Dragon Age: Inquisition, but honestly I think that single player MMO thing kind of works better in a Mass Effect setting. I mean, the game is about exploration.

Anthony_D'Elia and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Anthony_ Mar 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2017)
    Anthony_

This opening is pretty epic. Feels like Interstellar, the sense of discovery and dread. The initial descent onto the tutorial planet was goddamn exhilarating, it really feels like an adventure into the unknown.

drewinseries likes this.
  15. drewinseries

Drew

Aaaand Suvi rejected me. Female Ryder only.

16. drewinseries

Drew

Hit the story block on my trial. Really digging it. Will buy. Don't understand the hate.

17. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I can't believe the lack of hype I'm feeling for this game. I loved the last two.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Got my copy delivered yesterday. Excited to get into this once I finish up the Bioshock series that I'm currently in the middle of.

19. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

bought it, never purchased a ME game before. Played for a few hours last night. Really dig it.

20. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is hilarious.

Anthony_D'Elia and Cameron like this.
  22. The Lucky Moose

This comes out tomorrow in Europe so I'll probably get to at least start the game tomorrow afternoon, which is why I wanted to ask you something: does the male or the female main character have better voice acting?

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Game is fantastic. It truly feels like an epic space drama.

RuckerPark likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose Mar 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 23, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

Oh boy this game is broken. It is pulling me in though.

25. Dodge725

Trusted

I'm having a lot of fun with this, though I see why it's not up some people's alley. Im still very early on and will be able to speak more to it after this weekend when I can take a bigger chunk out of it.