Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC/PS4/XBO, March 21, 2017) Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 18, 2017.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Every year one game is sacrificed for the masses in honor of the Clicks God

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Nick Mar 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 17, 2017)
    Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You meet 5 of the 6 companions by the end of the first mission. They're all thrust upon you with very little characterisation. Hopefully it does get better but the characters are the most disappointing part about the trial. I'm really hoping it does pick up though.

The Turian seems good but I haven't gotten enough of a handle on her, the male human is pretty bad and the female human is good, I expect there to be a good deal of tension with her which is decent.

One thing I didn't like about ME3 that's transferred over is the romance options pop up way too early in the dialogue with NPC's. You don't get to know enough about them before there's a romance option in the conversations.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Ahhh, I'm going to preorder tonight. Might as well. Seems like some fun can be had at least.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Plenty of people are saying that is has a slow start and can be buggy but is cool otherwise. So it's a Bioware game. People are being weird.

Anthony_D'Elia and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Symptom of the trial being the worst part of the game and the embargo being held to that. Odd marketing decision.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Have you tried the multiplayer @Nick ?

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I've never played a ME multiplayer tbh. I play them more for the story and characters not the shooting. From what I've played in single, the gameplay is a step up and I've only heard good things about it. I've read there's some connection problems though with it being P2P

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember playing maybe 5 hours of the co-op in ME3. I mainly played it to improve whatever ranking that was which aided your single player. I think it was survival chances?

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

There is some form of timer style missions like in DA:I. Two of them said something about multiplayer so that might be something different.

10. The Lucky Moose Mar 18, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 18, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

Arthur Gies (head of reviews at Polygon) talks a lot about this game on the new episode of Rebel FM and it is by far the most nouanced look at the game I have seen or heard so far. They also look at what is going on now within the larger context of "fan feedback" on Bioware in general and Mass Effect in particular. They also talk about how that shitshow changed the video game industry for the worse.

By the way, his opinion on the actual game is (as opposed to the blowback), very simply put, this: he likes it a lot, but also sees the flaws, especillay early in the game. He also says it's a lot like Dragon Age Inquisition. He also says that, except for a some animations and some faces, it is very pretty and sometimes "jaw droppingly beautiful".

Anthony_D'Elia and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The latest Waypoint podcast is a good chat about the game too. They bring up some very nice points about this game and it's relationship with the original trilogy.

12. The Lucky Moose

Yeah I heard that one too, it was fine

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Something that I don't think many people have mentioned, that annoys me. There's a companion that you come across during the trial, who very clearly does not join up with you yet, however the game still plays his audio dialogue when you're running through the ship. Like he's conversing with people on your ship, but he's not on the ship or even part of your crew.

GettingSodas and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

That sounds very strange.

15. The Lucky Moose

That's clearly a bug lol

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah it's prob the most annoying bug I've gotten, because it's so consistent. Others have only happened once or so.

17. The Lucky Moose

I have this UI bug in Dragon Age Inquisition and I can't get rid off it. I googled for hours and apparently nobody else ever had it :crylaugh:

Nick likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh man! What is it?

19. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Well I'll give this a few months, if it sucks then I guess I'm not getting into Mass Effect. If people are still digging it in a few months then maybe I'll grab it.

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

21. drewinseries

Drew

Honestly 70-80s is a very gray area. I find that games that tend to fall into that area can resonate strongly with people, just not universally. Surprised it took them this long to release it if it is getting this reaction though.

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Things generally panned out where I thought they would - good gameplay, mixed thoughts on story and writing, decent characters and buggy as hell. My hype has cooled down A LOT after seeing a good deal of footage and I'm not that convinced to pick it up day one but maybe during the summer.

...but I also have a very bad habit of impulse purchases so I may be back here tomorrow giving my first impressions of the game.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

IGN- 7.7: too much space

Nick likes this.
  24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Imgur Image

god damn why can i still not post gifs on this site

Dirty Sanchez, Cameron and Henry like this.
  25. Zev Jameson Loika

Life's a garden, dig it.

Ive been hearing from a lot of websites that the game is just flat out boring, not necessarily bad. I played my ten hours on EA access and actually felt the same way. It's really just more Mass Effect. There isn't much innovation in this and after three other games, it really does get somewhat boring. I'll still pick it up day one because I love the series but it kind of sucks that its so bland of a game.