Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mass Effect Andromeda (PC/PS4/XBO, March 21, 2017) Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dirty Sanchez, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

So about that

LOL

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh my god

[​IMG]

Raku, GettingSodas, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

LMAO

Time to shut down Bioware and sell off the IP's.

Raku likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Damn, it's really funny that the game is turning out to be not as good as everyone hoped, you're right. "LOL" in all caps indeed.

Raku likes this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

like I mean I've been looking forward to this for years. I love Mass Effect, one of my favourite series. All you can do is laugh sometimes, this is tragic.

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

are the quests at least okay?

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

To be fair bugs like that are awesome, and in no way game-breaking. I encourage stuff like that posted/shared. It's hilarious.

Every huge open world rpg has them(Fallout 3,4, GTA etc.).

GettingSodas likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Despite loving Mass Effect I was never very excited for this so I won't be sad if it turns out to suck. Even less so if the team from the original games is working on something else.

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I was never super excited either but idk if they were gonna fuck it up I wish they woulda just left it as it was but i guess that doesn't happen to anything these days

Raku and SpyKi like this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ehhh. The main quests on the Nexus are go scan three things, go talk to three people. Done. Standard Citadel tier quest.The main quest mission is go to these three places, clear out the bad guys and scan things. Do a lil sudoku puzzle to turn on marker, now go to the next. The writing for both is bad. It's quite reminiscent of the start of the first Mass Effect actually.

11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I find them funny. There was a conversation that I had in the game and one of the main characters just went into a T pose, posted the image earlier, and I just found it the funniest. Like MC is having this proper serious conversation and one of her team members is just standing there arms out chilling. It was funny.

Cameron likes this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully it gets better later on. Apparently I already bought this on PSN, so I am hoping for the best.

13. drewinseries

Drew

I like how there is a lot of openness to the worlds, but I loved my Omega, Illium, Citadel etc side quests with gunplay.

14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm cool with reduced reliance on guns for some quests.

Raku likes this.
  15. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I hope this game flops No Man's Sky hard just so you all can feel my pain.

I'm just kidding I'd never wish that horror on anyone.

16. Dodge725

Trusted

I loved all 3 of the originals and have this preordered already and all the Funko Pops already. Not too worried that the beginning is a little slow. The first one takes some time to get going once Eden Prime is over so I'm willing to give Andromeda some space. I also enjoyed ME3 and AC:Unity-another game with tons of glitches so make of that what you will.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah, and that's another thing.

These impressions are all from the first 3-4 hours of a 60 hour open world RPG.

I'm sure some of the criticisms are valid though.

18. drewinseries

Drew

RPGs should have long openings, I've always loved those. I do feel that they should have a skip function after first play through. Can't say how many times I just wanted to start as Shepard waking up in the Cerberus facility and pick my class versus play the whole Normandy crash.

19. Anthony_

It's like the Forbes article said: the criticism of the story and characters are frankly absurd at this point because they're just the very beginning of the game and they need time to develop and be evaluated once it's all over, but the bugginess and UI problems are legitimate concerns. We'll see how quickly they respond to everything with hot fixes in the time after launch, I guess.

20. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

DAI was buggy as hell too

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't think criticism is absurd, as I said it may get better, but the opening to a story is very VERY important and this is well frankly awful. Cliché and nonsensical.

Combat is good though. The reasoning for it is terrible.

Dirty Sanchez and SpyKi like this.
  22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

23. Anthony_

It's absurd to judge a story and characters as a whole by just the opening. I've seen a ton of pieces saying the characters are bad when they have no idea what their arcs are or who they even really are as characters at all. That's jumping the gun by a wide, wide margin. It's one thing to say "the writing in the opening isn't great," it's another thing entirely to pre-judge the total plot of the game and the entirety of the character development based on progress-gated time with the very beginning of a game. That's like reading the first chapter of a novel and declaring the book as a whole to be shallow and unfulfilling.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  24. Dodge725

Trusted

Plus with ME games it takes so long to gain new characters like Thane, Legion and Tali, no ones seen the full roster after 1 mission. There may be a few duds (Samara, James) but once there's a big enough cast you don't have to use them at all. The entire story/characters might suck, but it's impossible to say for sure with such a small sample size even if the sample isn't interesting. For better or worse ME is a game you have to play in its entirety in order to judge it.

25. Anthony_

Yeah exactly, except any story-focused game needs to be played in full before the story and characters can really be judged fairly, it's not just Mass Effect.

Like I said, criticize the game for technical and design shortcomings at this stage, not the characters and story yet.