Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Masked Intruder Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by abear182, Apr 18, 2016.

1. abear182

Regular

Strange Signing....

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Man... I love this band but now, they put me in a spot between wanting to support them still and not supporting them because of PN.

3. I feel the same way. Seems like an odd label for them to sign to anyway. I would have expected S1D or maybe even Epitaph.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The irony of pure noise signing a band that sings about stalking...

5. DarkHotline

It's coming full circle

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

That's fucking weird, pure noise going for the orgcore crossover act?

7. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah, I'm not all gung-ho about the politics of the situation, but musically it's a weird signing. Like, I guess they're not big enough for Epitaph, but why not Fat?

Raku likes this.
  8. cwhit

Their last two records were on Fat, so...idk

9. devenstonow

Noobie

Yeah, should have clarified continuing with Fat; but like someone else said S1D seems like a more reasonable fit.

10. cwhit

Or even Rise

11. devenstonow

Noobie

remember when rise was so shitty it had it's own genre named after it?

Raku likes this.
  12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Oddest signing I've seen in awhile. Doesn't really make sense to me.

13. cwhit

The fact that they're on warped makes more sense now

14. Rico Suave

My guess is they want a more diverse audience. Perhaps a bit younger as well.

Can't say that I care for them. But compared to some of the other pop-punk widely applauded here(Wonder Years/Yellowcard), It's an improvement.

15. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

honestly

really sad that two bands i used to enjoy and think of as divorced from the whole terrible PN/pop punk scene have shown that they really don't give a shit about predatory behavior in the music scene as long as associating with awful people means they have a shot at getting younger fans or w/e

the other being teenage bottlerocket, since they're playing warped this year

16. devenstonow

Noobie

Or, you know, maybe they want to be able to grow and make as good of a living as possible, and PN offered them things (ie. freedom and such) that other labels didn't.

Plus, them and Teenage Bottlerocket are the same band soooooooo

17. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

replace "getting younger fans" with "making money" or "having more freedom" or whatever their reasons for signing to a label run by someone who defended two sexual assaulters and had one signed to his label and my point still stands

18. DarkHotline

It is truly perplexing as to why they signed with PN.

19. josephcissell

Regular

Not really a fan of the band, but I agree it seems like a weird signing.

20. Jake Z

Regular

Yeah, because every band that plays Warped Tour condones predatory behavior. Why don't you go tell that to the guys in NFG, or Yellowcard, or LTJ. But no, it's easier to sit behind a keyboard and judge people when you have zero idea of what they think or who they are.

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

While I think it's an odd pairing as well, I am glad to see PNR signing bands like Intruder and Bottlerocket as opposed to some of the other acts that have been on the label at one point. What's done is done, but I am at least willing to give them credit for signing bands with better ethics. I am long past hammering on them for this. I would rather focus on improving the environment rather than dwelling on the misfortunes.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I really like the new EP, so summery and melodic, it makes me feel very happy, and it's as simple as that.

23. smoke4thecaper

"Dick move; it's cool - I've still got your stuff, dude"

What a great line. This band is what pop-punk is about. Loving it!

24. SamLevi11 Jul 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2016)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Whole EP is on YouTube btw, and it's fantastic. First Star Tonight is my favourite, although I love Still On My Mind.

I still can't forget so much as an inch of your silhouette,
    My best guess darling,
    Is I never wiiiiiiill.

This is brilliant, poppy, catchy punk music. Really excited about this band's future.

25. smoke4thecaper

They're basically performing doo-wop songs with guitars haha. I love it though - these guys know how to harmonize and write a good chorus with some clever lines.