Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Dirt and the Stars (August 7, 2020) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Aug 26, 2020.

1. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

[​IMG]

Her best album in at least 10 years, which is saying something, since she's one of the all-time greats.

2. cshadows2887

Seriously I cannot get enough of this record. It's bringing me incredible comfort in this shitty ass time.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Been digging this one on rainy days, especially.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  4. cshadows2887

Went to my parents’ house to sit on their screen porch and read but it’s grey and rainy so obviously I put this on.

I’m listening every few days at this point

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

Is this your favorite album of the year right now?

Also, your comment last week about the solo on the title track being the solo of the year has me wanting to go back and make a playlist with my favorite guitar solo song from each year. Going back I don't know how long! Might be a fun project.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  6. cshadows2887

It’s definitely in serious contention with folklore and others, absolutely.

And that sounds like a fun project. I’d DEFINITELY read that article. As long as Derek Trucks’ solo on “Bondsman (Evening in Missouri)” takes the cake for 2018

7. Craig Manning

I’ll confess, I’m not familiar with that song/solo. I’ll check it out! It might have stiff competition for 2018 though, against the genre-hopping solo from Brothers Osborne’s “Shoot Me Straight.”

8. cshadows2887

I've come to realize it's probably my second favorite solo ever, behind Neil Giraldo's on "Promises in the Dark" by Pat Benatar

9. Craig Manning

Well that's a golden endorsement right there!

Would love to see your list of favorite guitar solos.

10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I’m so enamored by this album. Top to bottom just a total masterpiece. I had a moment in practically every song where lyrics punched me in the gut. And then on top of that it’s extremely well produced and her band sounds amazing.

cshadows2887 and Craig Manning like this.