Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's What If...? (11th August 2021, Disney+) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 21, 2019.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

David87 and Penlab like this.
  2. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I think this one was my favorite so far

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

have the giant silhouettes of The Watcher been in the backgrounds of previous episode’s establishing shots?

4. tomtom94

Trusted

I liked this episode less, I feel they could have done something more interesting with the divergence point than what they actually did (and never a fan of fridging) BUT I will say Cumberbatch gets better as Strange with every performance and Jeffrey Wright knocked it out of the PARK.

Also I thought they did some really cool stuff with the animation.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think this is my favorite episode so far, topping episode 3

6. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, that may have been the best so far. Really enjoyed that.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This is easily the best episode yet, such a dark and compelling story about loss, grief, and obsession. This would’ve been an awesome live action movie imo. Strange Supreme is probably one of the best villains the MCU has ever had.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  8. Posted my thoughts on this over on YouTube as usual:

For me, I really liked this one, but not quite as a much as 2 or 3, with 2 being my favorite so far. That said, this was still really good and the way it ended was absolutely fantastic. I had to continue griping about it but man I do not like this animation style. Having a hard time really putting my finger on why but there's just something like "off" about it to me.

bodkins and justin. like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It's crazy that they're able to call up people like Rachel McAdams and Tilda Swinton to reprise these characters from years ago for a one off episode of an animated non canon streaming series. What a world

Thought this ep was very good. Really shows what the stakes are for the series as whole

10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

What If.. is canon and characters appearing in it will be in future films.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. ChaseTx Sep 1, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2021)
    ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I get that, I just mean it's not mainline continuity

12. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Definitely the best episode IMO. Really hope Strange Supreme shows up again in the future

DarkHotline likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

4048E526-429B-44C0-90A1-6FA93B7636F7.jpeg

solxace, GrantCloud, tomtom94 and 3 others like this.
  14. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoyed this episode, in as much as anyone can enjoy something that is dark and depressing as hell. Seriously surprised they went with the ending they did. Watcher doesn't fuck around.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Dodge725

Trusted

Felt very Doctor Who, specifically the Wedding of River Song with the idea of trying to change “fixed points” even though they called them absolute points to not be the same.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

bleak af dawg

17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Does anyone have any insights on some of the monsters he ate? Need to know more about the mystic gnomes

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Most articles I've seen on the episode indicate none of the beings are reminiscent of anyone in current Marvel lore, except for the tentacle being everyone thinks is Shuma-Gorath.

19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Cannot believe the first direct mention of Uncle Ben in the MCU happened in Marvel Zombies

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  20. I know…I said the same thing haha. As per usual - posted some thoughts on YouTube:

Pretty cool episode overall even if I'm not a big zombie guy.

21. tomtom94

Trusted

I think it would be quite funny if the endings keep getting more and more depressing

"And with that choice, Iron Man doomed the entire universe. Including yours. That puppy you just got? It's dead now. Because of Iron Man. What a dickhead."

22. Been enjoying this so far. Ep 4 was so good, though it is kind of the epitome of the "fridging" trope.

Ep 5 was a fun idea, but idk the tone was weird to me.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

These look great

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. PauLo

43% Burnt

This weeks is the first that I haven’t loved. It was ok, but just felt like a more convoluted way to get to Killmonger being the Black Panther. Not one I think I’ll be returning to.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Honestly I’m kind of over this show. I was so hype at first but I have to force myself to watch it every week