Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's What If...? (11th August 2021, Disney+) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by GBlades, Jul 21, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah i didn't like him then either

2. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I feel like Ross Marquand's performance as Red Skull is really no different than how I'd imagine Hugo Weaving portraying him: a cross between a huge ham and someone who really doesn't want to be there.

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I didn't even notice it was a different actor when I saw it in theaters tbh

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. phaynes12

wild

5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

what are the odds that some of these new variants show up in Phase 4 films and this series will mostly serve as introductions to them?

6. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

It's possible, and yet I feel like that would be a mistake right now. General audiences are just getting used to the concept of a multiverse, and they're introducing so many new characters into the main MCU universe, that it feels like it would get out of hand to also expect audiences to start keeping track of several characters that don't even belong in that universe. But who knows.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I thought Bucky was off by a decent margin

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If you want to know…

Captain Carter is heavily rumored to be in Doctor Strange 2. Whether or not she’ll be animated when she meets Strange is unknown.

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i mean, i’m not looking for Roger Rabbit animation/live action

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wasn't commenting on the quality, just that he wasn’t a random new voice actor they hired

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

But also yeah I didn’t mind most of the voice acting in this outside of Stan, who was out of his element clearly. Atwell was very good.

12. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

RyanPm40 and coleslawed like this.
  13. phaynes12

i remember from the trailer the guy playing tony sounding nothing like RDJ but i guess we’ll see

14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Overall this is neat. Sebastian is def bad, so is whoever is playing Steve. That octopus monster was… random? Lol

Excited for more

15. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I like that the consensus in here is that not everyone was good but no one can agree on who exactly that was.

EDIT: Also the irony of people feeling the issue is the actors not being used to voice acting and then knocking the guy who played Steve, Josh Keaton. The actual voice actor of the group.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this was... fine. didn't particularly wow me or anything

pacing and dialogue were both off, although the animation looked great. I'm hoping the other episodes are gonna get weird, cos mostly just seeing events we already knew with a different lead character was a bummer. I want massive diversions from the main timeline here

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That’s fine that he’s a voice actor but I think he’s a bad voice actor haha

18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I mean, he was Shiro in Voltron and the Spectacular Spider-Man. Not liking him in this is fine, but blanket statements are not permitted.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I mean I’m sure he’s in a million things that I love/enjoy and he’s very good, I haven’t looked at any of his credits. I still think he was one of the weaker actors in this first episode.

Penlab likes this.
  20. phaynes12

yeah idk why voice actors would be exempt from being bad voice actors lol

21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Is this what I said? I don't remember doing that.

22. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I thought Keaton sounded more like Evans than Sebastian sounded like Sebastian tbh

Penlab and bodkins like this.
  23. Maverick

Trusted

So who’s the Watcher? Is that someone from the comics?

My favorite part was the mid air sequence with Peggy jumping from plane to plane to ragtime jazz music.

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I liked this but definitely found it odd for many of the reasons already listed in here. The combination of the animation and voice acting/mouths moving gave me huge video game cut scene vibes - big telltale games vibes in particular. Some of the fighting sequences themselves were very like, classic disney movie animation to me too. Idk, i'm excited for more of these though.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some an observer from the comics.

Maverick likes this.