Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's The Defenders (Aug 18, 2017) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

[​IMG]

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Adrian Villagomez and Alba like this.
  3. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Still not really that interested in this.

5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

New trailer was great. Can't wait for this. Can I just say I have a huge crush on the girl who plays Colleen Wing.

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  6. HalfHearted

Regular

I was pretty skeptical about his, but that 2nd trailer looks pretty damn good. I'm ready.

7. I'm excited for this. The 8-episode length really helps.

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm so pleased about this. I'd say all of the series (perhaps apart from DD1) have greatly suffered from stretching the story to 13 episodes.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. Definitely agree with you on this.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't know if I'd say that JJ suffered from too many episodes, but definitely can get on board with the others.

Vivatoto likes this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I can see the argument but I'd maintain it could have been condensed by one or two episodes and still be as impacting. Unlike the others, there's not a whole episode that drags but I'd say there are bits that weren't needed.

I do love that series though. Maybe I need to rewatch!

SpyKi and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Fair enough, I agree with ya there. Haha for real! It's definitely my favorite of the Marvel series that have come to Netflix so far. It's been awhile too, I may need a rewatch myself

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

RyanPm40 and awakeohsleeper like this.
  14. [​IMG]

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

excited for this. DDs2 was by far my least favorite of all these, but it looks like (from the trailers) that im getting basically all the stuff I liked from the other series. One thing I was really hoping is that they'd avoid the whole played out "we can't like or tolerate or listen to each other at all before we team up" thing, always thought that was so lame in comics and even lamer on screen. Seems like since most characters are somewhat familiar with each other, even tangentially, that that aspect will be minimized, which im stoked on.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think that's the first comment I've seen that has ranked Iron Fist above DD2.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The excitement of seeing Danny Rand on screen (Ed Brubaker's Iron Fist run is some of my fav comic stuff) coupled w basically a retread of DD with characters I like more (mainly Colleen) makes me like it way more than DDs2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I understand and I think it's great that people appreciated it. It must have done something right if it lived up to expectations of an actual fan!

As someone who has no background in actual comics I thought it was very average. Colleen became one of my favourite characters across the whole Netflix/Defenders thing they've built... but she was sadly the only reason I kept watching it. I didn't enjoy the Danny Rand character and I thought the overall story was a bit dull and dragged quite a bit which is why I'd rank it last. I didn't enjoy DD2 much either though which is a shame as I thought DD1, JJ and LC were all fantastic.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend iron fist was perfect and without flaws -- there were many in fact -- but I just was more interested and invested in it than I was in DDs2. IF isn't necessarily better but god i really disliked s2. Loved everything else and liked IF.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I already liked that opening scene more than all of Iron Fist.

I missed Jessica sooo much.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Danny is actually really good in this. That office fight scene was fantastic. Jessica is still definitely my favorite of the four, though.

22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I adored both seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, still haven't finished Luke Cage because it was kind of boring and didn't even bother with Iron Fist so I'm cautiously excited to watch some of this later.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  23. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I'm still more excited about the Tick, but I will be checking this out.

Davjs likes this.
  24. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Ep 3 Stick's escape was ridiculous and awesome

Jake W likes this.
  25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I forgot this was out today omg I'm ready

coleslawed likes this.