Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's The Defenders (Aug 18, 2017) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I would say JJ>DD2>DD1

I didn't finish Luke Cage or start Iron Fist.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still love JJ and DD, Luke is likeable enough but IF is such a dork. I like that they at least seem to be treating him that way in the trailer, ha.

Tim likes this.
  3. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah what a bummer Iron Fist was. Should have just introduced him during Luke Cage and dropped the whole Diamondback plot

Edit: that said, this looks fun, glad it's not 13 eps. And I'm still a big fan of 3/4 leads and hopefully Danny is improved within the context of the group

Davjs likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Still haven't watched Iron Fist beyond maybe half of the first episode, and still no plans on ever getting to it.

Still hope that they just drop any possible plans for an Iron Fist S2 and just bring Danny and Colleen into Luke Cage S2 (or "Power Man & Iron Fist S1" w/ the Luke Cage creative team?) so we can ignore that snooze fest and get this instead:

IMG_8646.JPG

SpyKi and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  5. Tim

LOL.

Joe and Why Bother? like this.
  6. Lol!^ To be fair, that wall punch was pretty cool.

I'm stoked for this. The fact that it's only 8 eps makes me extremely optimistic about the pacing.

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Who's the bad guy in this?

8. Davjs

Trusted

The Hand, Elektra and Sigourney Weaver from what I can tell.

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

this looks rad. but, couldn't they give Iron Fist somewhat of a costume? Daredevil is the only one who costumes up and the rest just hang in street clothes?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

JJ > DD > DD2 > Cage > IF for me.

Highly looking forward to this, though.

stayillogical and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

Not that really anything about the season was that great but there are 2 heel turns at the end of Iron Fist that still annoy me in how little sense they make.

And that's on top of how pointless literally the entire Meachum plot was for most of the season.

Hopefully that all gets quickly resolved in this or another show because it hardly justifies a second season

12. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I really need to do a rewatch of JJ, DD, DD2... I honestly have no interest in finishing Cage or IF.

13. Tim

I honestly can't imagine suffering through DD S2 a second time on purpose, especially when the only not terrible moments are getting their own spinoff show this year.

Finish Luke Cage. Misty Knight alone should carry you through.

Henry likes this.
  14. BackyardHero11

Trusted

i've thought about forcing myself to, but I probably won't. writing was eh, acting uneven, fight scenes laughable. the "origin" episode was such a chore. the only parts I really enjoyed were the barbershop and then he died. I enjoyed the aesthetic and music, but that just wasn't enough.

there's just so much other content out there to watch that I can't take the time to finish everything superhero just because it ties in to the universe.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

They could have combined Luke Cage and Iron Fist into one show and that would have been fun.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  16. Tim

Exactly why even considering rewatching DD S2 is insane to me, lol. That was such a gosh darn chore that I'm surprised I finished. I finished Luke Cage before getting to the back half of DD S2, tbh.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

fair enough. to each their own. I actually enjoy DD S2. It's stretched out a bit much, but I think all the Marvel Netflix shows should be 10 episodes tops. they all have unnecessary filler that could be cut out.

but I won't bother with Luke Cage or Iron Fist again, gave up, and have much better shows to watch instead. Hope Defenders is good.

18. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, DD season 2 is great and it's like we found the fan club in here of people who hate it for some reason. It's def not the opinion I've seen from most people, the show had a ton of great moments.

For the Defenders, I finally broke and watched the trailer (I try not to these days) and seeing everyone together was awesome. Glad Misty and Claire are included. I wonder if Foggy will be?

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Season 2 had some good moments, but was a massive dip in quality with a lot of questionable choices. I haven't looked in awhile, but I remember quite a few less-than-stellar reviews out there when it first hit Netflix.

20. DD S2 had an excellent first 4 eps, and the rest was a mixed bag. All of these shows would've benefited from 2-3 fewer eps.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

The first 4 eps were fantastic and hard to top for sure. Afterwards we got all the punisher in jail scenes, kingpin scenes (the one with him and Matt was awesome), the courtroom scenes, and more Stick and the Hand. It never had slow eps with nothing happening like JJ and Luke Cage. Saying you'd have to "drag through it again" is baffling, but to each their own.

22. Idk, I think DD is as guilty as the others in terms of dragging. I haven't re-watched any of the shows for this reason. Luke Cage dips a bit after Cottonmouth exits, but I loved the aesthetic and themes of the show. The villain in JJ is my favorite of all the series. I think there's a lot to enjoy with all of them and that they all suffer from similar issues.

...except Iron Fist. That one was pretty disappointing.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I have not seen Iron Fist yet, but want to before the Defenders. I agree, Killgrave has been the best villain for sure, and I thought the eps without him (in the middle) seemed to drag a bit. I also agree with Luke Cage after Cottonmouth was killed. It was shocking and the moment was awesome, but I was immediately bummed out we didn't get to see that play out more. They all have moments that drag, but going through them all DD season 2 def drags a lot less. Granted, it has more characters to balance which helps a lot more.

24. Davjs

Trusted

Finished IF and man am I pumped to see everyone together. I guess the Hand attacked Danny's home at K'un-Lun at the end so I guess before the Defenders meet up we'll have to see Danny deal with that and then Luke will need to escape prison again.

25. Pretty pumped for this DD is one of my favorite characters and I really liked Luke Cage. In my opinion Jessica Jones was very overrated. It tackled some really important topics but I think think the season went on a bit too long. Iron Fist was a complete let down. Glad this has a shorter season than the others.