Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's The Defenders (Aug 18, 2017) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

And as anti climatic as DD2's ending was, the climax for JJ was so disappointing. They drew out the neck snapping by having her weave in and out of a crowd of people she could have easily jumped over.....

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Luke Cage had the worst big bad.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, JJ just seemed like it dragged out way too long. The dynamic between her and Cage was great though. Loved Trish too.

Luke Cage just did not hold my interest very well. It has its moments, has great actors (Mike Colter is fantastic), but just didn't seem to do it for me like Daredevil has.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Cottonmouth was fantastic. Anyone who argues otherwise is wrong.

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Vivatoto like this.
  5. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Cottonmouth was the best. Diamondback...not so much.

6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

100% agree on the Cottonmouth love/Diamondback hate

awakeohsleeper and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I hated how Diamondback came out of nowhere and changed the focus of the show for the worse. With Cottonmouth, the conflict was a complex struggle over the soul of Harlem. With Diamondback, we were expected to care about a jealous half brother with a chip on his shoulder? It made the stakes smaller and honestly cheesy.

I will admit that both were sharply dressed and any faults had nothing to do with the actors, who gave great performances.

RyanPm40 and Vivatoto like this.
  8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

8/18/2017

Love Daredevil in civilian clothes with that makeshift mask on.

Davjs likes this.
  9. Davjs

Trusted

Thinking about it, Matt's the only one with an actual costume isn't he?

10. Tim

Correct, though this look is the best he's looked thus far, imo. Almost reminds me of this Moon Knight design by Declan Shalvey:
    [​IMG]

I really want Iron Fist to get something inspired by his current comic costume:
    [​IMG]

Doesn't have to have the big collar, but a tracksuit with this color scheme, plus that mask, would fit the Netflix aesthetic well while also capturing the comic book vibe. Granted, Iron Fist has far bigger issues to worry about, lol.

11. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't watched IF, I may do so before the Defenders but there is too much good content to watch for me to dive into a show that I hear is very "eh". I did hear that he doesn't actually suit up either though, so if that's true it may be weird to have only Matt run around in his full get up lol.

I do like the idea of Matt just pulling on his old black mask when need be, that way he can blind in with the other Defenders in public.

And yeah, I've never seen that Moon Knight design before, he looks a like less like a Batman rip off.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel like that is a bit of an unfair assessment of Moon Knight in general. Aesthetically, I don't think he has ever looked like Batman, except maybe in the Ultimate universe.

SpyKi and Tim like this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

I haven't read too much on him to know what universe I saw read him in, but from what I've seen he's looked liked this:

upload_2017-4-4_11-11-59.jpeg [​IMG]

And I'm just talking about his looks, not his actual character.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Some are speculating the 8:18:20:17 time stamp at the end of the teaser possibly means an Aug 18, 2017 premiere date.

EDIT: wait nvm it's official now.

coleslawed and Davjs like this.
    Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Elektra's tomb thing?`

18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Tim

Seeing Jessica Jones, Misty Knight, and Matt Murdock fit together so organically in that opening scene made me too happy. Can't wait to spend more time with Jessica, Matt, Luke, and Claire in this thing. Too bad I don't have even a sliver of interest in their Iron Fist, 'cause actually feeling something when I saw him with Luke would've been cool, though I'm still hopeful the two of them can have a dynamic to elevate his thus far dull existence. I also hope that literally breathing new life into Elektra manages to creatively breathe new life into her, too, since there's not excuse for her to not be super cool.

Kingjohn_654 and Eric Wilson like this.
  20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Jessica Jones and Daredevil have definitely been my favorites. Was pretty disappointed with the way they handled Elektra. Not sure what it was about the way she portrayed that character, but it never clicked with me.

Tim likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Pretty sure I've liked each Netflix season less than the last (with the possible exception of JJ>DD S1, but it's pretty close there), hopefully that this stops that trend.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just don't know about this.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Since it's only 8 episodes I'm hoping the pacing goes very smoothly. Some of the other shows having 13 seemed a bit stretched out. I liked the trailer.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

100% yes. Its really my biggest complaint about all of the series so far.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Daredevil seems to be the only one of these shows that didn't drag and have too much filler, so the fact that its only 8 eps and the DD show runners are doing it gives me a lot of hope. Plus I loved seeing Luke Cage and JJ working together the little bit they did in her series and was more exciting IMO then when either was solo. I think them all being together on screen is going to be great.