Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's The Defenders (Aug 18, 2017) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Woahh

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love me some Weaver.

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Dang, so still a full year or so. I so can't wait for this. I guess that also means we have to wait over a year between DD seasons, kind of a bummer.

After Iron Fist, are they just going to wait for Defenders? Seems rather pushed out- maybe Punisher in between as well?

EDIT

That Sigourney Weaver article is awesome. Guessing that answered my Punisher question there, too :P

6. Davjs

Trusted

Is this show coming out before Iron Fist and Punisher or after? I know all 3 are filming or in pre production right?

7. RyanPm40

I would guess that at least iron fist will come before Defenders. Punisher- I'm not as sure, but seeing as how it's in production, I think we may luck out.

Davjs likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

That's awesome. I wonder if he'll actually be in the Defenders.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Elektra confirmed to be a part of the group.

10. Davjs

Trusted

I wonder as a good guy or part of the Hand? Is the Hand going to be what the Defenders go up against? To me that'd make sense.

11. RyanPm40

Bummer, I really think they miscast Elektra.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kingjohn_654 and coleslawed like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Danny looks so dumb.

[​IMG]

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hope the action's being done by the Daredevil team.

Kingjohn_654 and Davjs like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

I believe the show runners from DD season 2 are doing this, which is great because even though all the shows have been good, the action in DD has been the best.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

I guess, but I felt like S2 of DD was the weakest Marvel Netflix season so far. The Punisher stuff was cool, but that's about it. If those showrunners are only going to handle the action scenes, then fine.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I could definitely see this being as messy as DD S2. hopefully it isn't that disjointed.

awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Whoa whoa whoa guys. DD 2 is without a doubt the best. I guess you could argue the punisher and Electra/the hand stories didn't flow perfectly, but it was pretty damn good and this season had the best moments out of all the shows. The court room scenes, the rooftop scene, the stairway fight, Electra killing that kid, punisher killing those dudes in jail, the Matt and kingpin scene in jail....quit hatin :-)

20. Davjs

Trusted

Oh, and almost any scene with Foggy, Punisher or Stick. Bam.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The ending on the roof was egregious imo

[​IMG]

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

First half of season two had me glued in, but the show fell apart in the second half. By the end of the season, none of the characters were even likable and the action was boring.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah it was pretty lame. Doesn't discount all the amazing parts of the season though! Your posts are always so funny though, so I never mind when you disagree with me lol.

24. RyanPm40

Elektra was terrible and all storylines around her were terrible. I'm just not thrilled that "the Hand" story is going to continue into Defenders.

I just felt that anything enjoyable about the season tended to be fan service and getting to see new characters we love, but the story was all over the place. The fighting sequences with Daredevil also fell flat compared to the hallway scene in S1. I'm not gonna lie and say there weren't great moments here and there, but not the overall arc.

Ive said it before, but IMO, JJ >=DDs1>LC>DDs2

Maybe bringing Vincent Donofrio back will keep things interesting again, if they choose to do so.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Kingpin should def make an appearance. I think the hand is a perfect villain though, give a ton of throw away henchmen for the Defenders to beat on which what we all want to see. I also think that JJ was the weakest because there where whole eps that seemed filler. Kilgrave and Cage carried that series IMO.

RyanPm40 likes this.