Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Runaways (Hulu, Marvel) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 18, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Only got to the first episode but liked it a lot, the kids are cast well. I could be misremembering this, been a long time since I've read the comic, but seems like they changed a fair bit about the background of the characters. Most notably I don't remember Amy existing in the comics? I don't really mind though, lots of interesting stuff to dive into there.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

First three episodes were great. Don't think I was expecting it to be such a slow burn.

3. The cast is so perfect but the pacing on these episodes was atrocious.

4. GBlades

Trusted

I thought the casting was perfect. Old Lace looks good too. I didn't expect to be as intrigued as I was and it only looks to get better. Hopefully the show has a good 10-episode run since there's a lot more that can be explored in a season 2.

Not as many humorous moments, which I'm kinda glad about.

5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Loved it. Casting is great and I love how the cast actually reflects what LA demographics look like.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Ah man, I really want to see this now.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Can the kids... runaway?

coleslawed likes this.
  8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah i need to check this out

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Watched 45 minutes and nothing remotely
    interesting happened...not sure if I’ll continue.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Bleachers being in the latest episode just made this an instant favourite.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This show is trying my patience. I LOVE the characters, but nothing seems to be happening.

Whalejaw and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Still into this quite a bit but I feel like they are putting a little too much focus on the parents in the last couple episodes

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I LOVE Old Lace. Really hoping something happens with her.

14. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm caught up. I love it. Each of the kids are great.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

THIS EPISODE. Loved it. Gert is soooooo good. Its a shame it took 9 episodes for something to actually happen.

16. stayillogical

Penultimate episode. Of course everything unravels at the end.

I don't get the complaint about nothing happening. I think this is a teen show, first and foremost. It's not like The Gifted where they go on a mission every week and blah blah blah, I get so bored and don't care about the characters. That kind of show is much less interesting. I love how Runaways has built the dynamics of the group and world building with the parents. I know it's a superhero show, but it's really more of a teen drama (a damn good one, not a knock on it) which feels like classic CW.

17. Have you read the comic?

18. stayillogical

Haha. Sorry. Source material argument, you're absolutely right. I have not read the comic.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I've been watching every new episode when they are released. The show is good, not great. Some of the characters are super annoying and some are good. I also think some of their powers are lame. Is this season only going to be 10 episodes?

20. GBlades

Trusted

I think that the portrayals from comic to screen have actually been pretty damn accurate. The powers may not be the primary focus of the show but this is only season 1 and is a show about the kids relationship with their parents, not their powers. I can see them expanding on this if it goes to season 2 though.

It's only 10 episodes. Finale next week.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Renewed

ChiliTacos, oakhurst and ghostedaway like this.
  22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The episode released tonight at 12 is the finale. I’m excited

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

THEY RAN AWAY

24. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Damn this was a weak finale. Season started strong but fell apart at the end.

25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just watched through the season and really liked it. I thought they did well with adapting each character in a more realistic sense, but I can't wait for season 2. It was kind of an anticlimactic end, but I still think it was good to leave it pretty open for where they take it next season.