Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That's a tough one for me because he's almost too overpowered and it could have gone stale after awhile, even if he is one of my favorites

2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I haven't read the comics but there must be another interesting villain in them surely

3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I really liked Luke Cage season 2. Still need to watch Punisher season 2. Hopefully I can get though this and that before stranger things.

4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

For the life of me I can't think of any Jessica Jones story (excluding team ups, obviously) that doesn't involve Kilgrave.

Jake W likes this.
  5. Jake W

Maybe that's the problem

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Actually liked the 2nd half of this season. Episode 2 is still my least favorite in the Netflix Marvel world though haha

Jake W likes this.
  7. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Is the villain any good

8. Jake W

Season 3 does get better as it goes on

slimfenix182 likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

have you finished it?

10. Jake W

Episode 9

11. Jake W

First few episodes were rough, but I quite enjoyed this overall. Definitely better than season 2.

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

First episode of season 3 was good enough for me, kinda reminded me of one of the recent Jessica Jones comics except she didn't get shot in the head

13. Finished the third season. Don't wanna spoiler tag the entire post, so if you're still not done, you've been warned, I guess.

Salinger wasn't a very interesting big bad on his own, but I would argue that he wasn't THE big bad of the season--Trish was. The interesting thing about the second and third sessions is that Alisa and Trish aren't really the same kind of big bad as Kilgrave and Fisk. Since they're both Jessica's family and both want to be the kind of hero that Jessica is so reluctant to be, their narratives feel more personal, more tragic. It's difficult to watch because it takes these characters where you don't want them to go, and they're not exactly likable in the first place. I don't know if i can say that I "like" these last two seasons the same way I like JJS1 or DDS1&3, but they're satisfying in their own strange little way. Seeing Jessica deal with the shitstorm that is her own family isn't exactly what I'd call enjoyable, but I was certainly emotionally invested the entire time.

supernovagirl and jorbjorb like this.
  14. Jake W

Oh Trish was definitely supposed to be the main villian

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Was gonna give up on this but episode 5 got me back in

Jake W likes this.
  16. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

I only watched the last two episodes of season 3 and I think I saw the whole season. Glad I didn't waste more time for this. Season 1 was the best and unfortunately they couldn't keep the quality.

At least we got some kind of closure for Luke Cage in the final episode

Raku likes this.
  17. Jake W

First two episodes are by far the worst, it gets way more interesting

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

i don’t get jeryn’s direction at all. i feel like i must have misremembered season 2

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

On the trish episode and y’all weren’t kidding this is super dull

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

It gets better. Haven’t finished the season yet but am on Ep 10.

Jake W likes this.
  21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I liked the 2nd half better than pretty much all of JJ s2. And I had zero hopes for this season after the Trish episode haha. Excrutiating

Jake W likes this.
  22. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

After getting past that awful beginning, I was hooked on this season. I thought it was a good ending. I loved the addition of Erik, and Sallinger was a great villain. Even better, I loved that Trish is exposed to being a villain all along. There was always something wrong with her. Jess having to sacrifice her is the obvious conclusion to this show.

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I really enjoyed it outside of the two Trish eps. I liked how nothing was wasted, everything they did had purpose. They actually had to deal with consequences and it didn’t feel cheap. Man I wish we could get one more season of Luke Cage

24. Jake W

I just want a whole season of Jess & Luke

JaytotheGee and awakeohsleeper like this.
  25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Sallinger was definitely a more grounded villain than before, but I thought he was effective as a device to expose trish as the big bad.

The way Trish’s behavior in the last few episodes mirrors her addict behavior was really good convincing character work. This show has its flaws and this season started slow, but a lot of shows wouldn’t stick the landing on a character like Trish turning like that.

Only complaint from a character perspective was the direction they took Jeri. Seemed sudden and not at all where the character was heading before, unless I missed something wild in the seasons of DD and IF that I haven’t seen yet

slimfenix182 and Jake W like this.