Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I am too. I have 3 or 4 episodes left to go

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I thought this season was really strong all the way through. Ritter was especially great.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

Wow. Not sure if I liked that ending.

4. alim

i would have been a lawyer

I still don't get the dislike for the second season. The ending pains me...the loss of a relative and friend in essentially a prisoner's dilemma was carried off by Ritter pretty awesomely.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I binged through both seasons of this over the last few weeks. I definitely liked season 1 more than 2. I hope there isn't as long of a gap between the 3rd season (is there a third season?!) cause I really like the show

6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Damn, you guys weren't exaggerating about Trish being the worst. Other than that, I'm halfway through and enjoying everything else. But she really sucks bad.

7. I thought this season was pretty underwhelming. I'll stick to the positives, though. Krysten Ritter is great. I like the Malcolm character quite a bit now. I like the Hogarth stuff, mostly because Carrie-Ann Moss was fantastic this season. And I actually like the climactic moment with Trish shooting Jessica's mom. Something like that happening was a lingering possibility, but I never thought the show would go through with it. I thought it really showed how big the stakes were in terms of characters' relationships. Where the show leaves us at the end is heartbreaking, but it finally had me emotionally invested.

8. Oh no haha.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Pretty much my thoughts. I liked season one, but wasn't the biggest fan. Season two did not do much for me. All and all, I think the Marvel shows on Netflix are starting to lose me.

Raku likes this.
  10. Ya, they're definitely losing steam. Wonder how many more seasons we'll get of these shows. I have no idea how good or bad the ratings are for each season.

Raku likes this.
  11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think that'll depend on Disney's deal with Netflix and their own streaming service. For me personally, I think a lot of the excitement was seeing how The Defenders would play out. It played out...fine I guess...and now I don't know how interested I am in these anymore. I'd give Punisher season two a decent shot though.

Raku likes this.
  12. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It's crazy how much the quality of the Netflix shows dropped after the first two seasons (Daredevil 1 and Jones 1). After that, it's mostly been a few good moments sprinkled through mediocre at best seasons. This was fine, but it doesn't even compare to the first season.

13. Defenders had its moments, but there was so much more potential. I enjoyed Punisher quite a bit. I know we're getting DD S3 and Luke Cage S2. That Disney streaming service is supposed to launch next year or 2020 right? I don't really see them bringing these shows over to there, so maybe that's it for these shows then.

Raku and Steve_JustAGuy like this.
  14. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

S2 was phenomenal, even outstanding, in the way it completely sucked.

Raku likes this.
  15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I wanted to like this so, so bad. Season one was by far my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows, and Ritter kills it.

But I just could not care less about anything that happened. Definitely suffered from the lack of a clear villain. And I really do think Jessica is the one hero who would be better off never having an origin for her powers, or even really having her background too defined, such as with her family.

Raku, awakeohsleeper and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:hearteyes:

19. alim

i would have been a lawyer

:heart::-)

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Barely on episode 10 despite starting this when it first came out. I just don’t have the drive to binge it like I did previously.

I find the Inez character extremely annoying. Way worse to me than trish which is what I’ve seen people complaining about.

Also, totally missed why she turned her mom in?

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finally got around to the second season. Fully expected to be super bored the whole time judging by reactions (even though I loved the first season) but I actually really liked it a lot after a slow start (I could not tell you what happened in the first two episodes for any amount of money in the world). Ended really strong

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ritter is directing an episode next season.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

After the Defenders I gave up on these for a bit, but finally watched Punshier which ruled, got me to watch Luke Cage season 2 which was great too.....but season 2 of this was pretty awful. Hard to think of a good character arc in here. At least we got Foggy for a scene.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I agree - this was sadly disappointing.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious