Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Likewise. I hadn't really seen anyone say they didn't like it until now.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

How was season 1 of DD bad? Fisk is one of the most interesting Marvel villains and I thought his development was excellent, as was the DD origin story. I think Jessica Jones S1 and DD S1 are easily the best Marvel Netflix seasons.

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I mean i don't think it was bad, it was just pretty mediocre. The fight choreography was pretty good, I just didn't much care about any of the characters or their developments. But the origin story was well put-together too.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

Daredevil season 1 was my favourite Marvel TV show until Agents of SHIELD season 4/5 took that spot. Seeing Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk was something that I never thought I'd ever see. That hallway fight scene is still incredible.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I just disagree so much with people about these shows. I liked DD season 2 but this season of JJ is trash.

6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Did you enjoy season 1? Based on your comments on the first page it seems like you didn’t.

I’m with you in DD 1 and 2. And I did like season one of this show but so far I’m two episodes in and I just don’t have that urge to binge this season.

I think the only Netflix marvel show I didn’t like was iron fist, although I didn’t think it was as bad as most people thought. I’m just not very critical on these type of shows for some reason

7. Pseudo!

Regular

Definitely disappointed in this season compared to the first season. I think I would have preferred a different case every episode with a larger plot and theme building in the background until the end of the season, especially with the PI premise. But really I feel like my biggest complaint is that i didnt feel like the individual episodes told a complete satisfying story. Also, I just never really cared about where her powers came from, maybe I'm just sick of origin stories.

Things I did love: everything krysten ritter, kilgrave lives on, and Jeri's journey

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Still for the most part enjoying my watch of this season, but good god is Trish being dumb and annoying every step of the way.

9. carrytheweird Mar 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2018)
    carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ok, I just got to “I want your cray cray.” If I cringe any harder my teeth might break.

10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't feel like spending time on television much these days, but I finally watched the first episode of season 2. And, like... It was good. Solid character stuff all around. Don't know how engaging I'll end up finding this vaguely Weapon-X-ish plot in the long run, but I'm in this for the characters more so than the plot anyways.

It'll be hard to live up to the perfection that is Jessica Jones S1, but I'll be shocked if I don't end up liking this more than at least half of Marvel's Netflix output. Don't really see what people dislike about it. Maybe I'll feel differently when I get deeper in, but I currently doubt it.

11. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I love your love of Daredevil (blind law student here).
    I love your love of Patrick Rothfuss.
    Can we be friends?

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Gotta love that trademark Chorus hyperbole.

This was good. Not as good as season 1, but then again what could ever be that good? It's one of the greatest seasons of genre television I've ever seen, and the struggle between Jessica and Killgrave is something so visceral and heart-wrenchingly painful that it's hard to top. Plus it introduced Mike effing Colter as Luke Cage. It's pretty much perfect.

This one was much slower, in contrast, and took some characters in a rather unlikeable direction in service of what I have to assume is a planned arc (thinking of Trish, specifically, but also Malcolm and Hogarth to a lesser degree). Janet McTeer was excellent though, that was a good get for them. And Ritter was so goddamn good, again. Also, because it doesn't completely unravel in the back half, it's easily better than DD2 and LC1.

JJ1 > DD1 > Punisher > JJ2 > Defenders > DD2 > LC1 > IF for me.

Whalejaw likes this.
  13. Kilgrave is such a perfect big bad that perhaps that affected people's expectations of what the second season would be. Instead of IGH being some mysterious evil omnipresent entity, what we got was Karl and Alisa. Alisa isn't really a big bad, she's just Jessica's mother, and as with any relationship Jessica has, things are complicated. We see in the car crash scene, her wanting to be a mother daughter duo superhero team, that Alisa really isn't an evil person. She's overprotective of the ones she loves, but she often loses control because of the experiments' side effects, which is obviously a problem due to her super strength. She's done some unquestionably bad things that she can't turn back from. That's what the story is about, Jessica's internal struggle with knowing she has to put away, or put down, her own mother. Yes, the season had problems with keeping momentum and trying to juggle too many side plots, but I think it was still a very compelling and emotional season of television.

Anthony_ likes this.
  14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah I mean whatever else about the season, the core story of what Jessica goes through this season was strong and compelling stuff, and everyone involved acted the hell out of it, specifically Ritter and McTeer.

15. GBlades

Trusted

Marvel and KKC? OFCOURSE!

derekjd likes this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

17. These seasons are still too many episodes but I still liked this one more than most.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Trish is by far the worst part of season 2. Couldn’t stand her dumb decisions through and through that just created filler problems. She lacked all common sense and direction which she had plenty of the first season. Malcom, who I wasn’t crazy about in the first season, I like more now.

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. Relapsing addicts tend to make bad decisions.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. GBlades

Trusted

Currently on episode 6 and I'm not seeing the hate this is getting. The curiosity is there, the development, the mystery. I can see what's going on with Trish though.... I'll see how the rest plays out.

21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Six episodes in and I'm really enjoying it

22. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This is really disappointing and painfully boring. I also feel like every character that wasn’t from season 1 is crazy unlikeable.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I love Hogarth’s story, I like all the references to the bigger MCU (including the Raft, probably my favorite), and I think Jessica is more relatable/well acted emotionally this time around. Malcom is much better and worthwhile this season too. I liked how they brought Jessica’s mom into the story too, but I feel Jessica’s reaction/acceptance of the reality was a bit brash on it. Trish remains my least favorite part of this season, as well as Simpson’s rushed inclusion.

24. BHS1985

Just finished it. Episode 11 was for sure my favorite, but overall this season pales in comparison to Season 1.

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

Loving the second season so far.