Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Nah this is so much better than Defenders. Nothing alike really. If you like S1 of JJ you should like this.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, I don’t know if I liked this. It was kind of frustrating at times.

Jusscali likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

How the heck do you guys find time to watch so many hour-long episodes in a day lol

Zilla and awakeohsleeper like this.
  4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Yeah, I could understand if it was the weekend. But it's Thursday!

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

It was all over the place

6. Greg

It was my day off.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. RyanPm40

I'm just jealous ;)

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've kinda lost faith in Marvel on Netflix.

Raku likes this.
  9. I had the day off, too, so.

I didn't think this season was any better or worse than the first, it's just the same thing in a slightly different flavor, which is good. Definitely a bit frustrating at times, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Definitely better than The Defenders, and I actually enjoyed The Defenders--the parts that weren't Danny white ass crybaby Rand.

Making Jessica's mom the killer allowed the show to explore some themes I didn't expect it to ever get the chance to. I mean, yeah it slammed on the breaks to reset halfway through with the flashback episode and the few that followed, but S1 and Luke Cage had some problems with momentum towards the middle as well.

In retrospect, yeah, this season may have juggled too much. There's Hogarth getting conned, Trish's addiction, Trish wanting Karl to give her powers, Oscar's family issues, Malcolm coming into his own, Pryce being a nuisance, all on top of Jessica's shit with her mom and IGH. These individual plotlines overlapped just enough that I didn't feel too overburdened, and I was engaged the entire way through.

This season made it really hard to like Trish, but then again, did I ever really like her? Or did I only like what she meant to Jess?

Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied, I got what I wanted: complex stories about complex relationships between complex women (and a few men). I don't necessarily have to like how everything went down in order to find enjoyment in the show.

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Okay hold the fuck up (ep 5)

YOU’RE GOING TO TELL ME A FUCKING PI DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO TURN THE SHUTTER SOUND OFF ON HER FUCKING CELL PHONE CAMERA? WHAT A RIDICULOUS PREMISE

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Trish is insufferable this season

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  12. Greg

I was expecting the flash to go off

13. Greg

Yea... I loathed her this season, especially the last handful of episodes.

14. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I just can’t fathom how someone thinks season 1 and 2 are comparable. I thoroughly enjoyed season 1 and found much os season 2 unwatchable.

Davjs and Vivatoto like this.
  15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm preparing to write about this for Hidden Remote, but I have so many thoughts on it. They made some interesting decisions this season and I think there's some good stuff to pull from it with plenty of questionable things mixed in.

I'm not a fan of how they used Jeri in about 90% of her scenes. I understand the direction they took with Trish, but I don't think it was executed super well. The main comparison I see between S1 and S2 is the psychological effect on JJ, but otherwise there's not a whole lot else.

Once I finish up whatever I end up writing about it, I'll post the links here in case anyone wants some more thorough and spoiler-filled thoughts from me.

16. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just finished this up and I was a little disappointed. I didn't think it was unwatchable, but it seems like, outside of Jessica's story, everything was so jumbled. I did like the last episode and where it landed things though.

Jusscali likes this.
  17. RyanPm40

After disappointing reviews, I'm just going to binge the final season of Love before I get to this

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

19. alim

i would have been a lawyer

It was slow initially but I don't get the dislike over it. I thought it was great towards the end. Personally it destroyed my emotions with how the friendship between Jessica and Trish played out. I liked the themes of jealousy and envy discussed in a friendship.

And of course, Hellcat will be the next spin off series.

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I’m 4 episodes in and personally like it as much as I did the first. Some of the new characters seem a bit forced, but I don't see it as bad by any means. certainly better than the Defenders. The way things have been playing out come across to me as reading a comic actually.

21. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I can remember a show that has taken such a dramatic downturn in quality from season 1 to season 2.

the cliche ass ghost Kilgrave is the moment I realized this show became the biggest pile of shit. I don't know how the hell this happened.

Davjs, Vivatoto and Jusscali like this.
  22. RyanPm40

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Daredevil 2 is worse for me. The Flash too...

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Daredevil 1 was pretty not good though. Jessica Jones season 1 was one of the best shows of that year

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Ah I really liked Season 1 of Daredevil.