Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Still easily my favorite season of comic book television I've watched before. Thematically better than most comic book adaptations out there, and I say that as someone who still loves mindless superhero entertainment a lot. Hopefully this works much better in its second season than Daredevil did.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Idk how you could think that after watching episodes 9 and 10. I think it's getting comically bad. So many goofy moving pieces now. Kinda reminds me if the following were made by marvel lol

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Raku likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm assuming he used his abilities to convince everyone he had died.

It'd kinda be a middle finger to the audience, but it works.

Raku and awakeohsleeper like this.
  5. awakeohsleeper Aug 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2017)
    awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think a series of flashbacks, like in the first series, would work but agree him actually coming back is a bit annoying.

6. Always happy to have more David Tennant in anything but I hope he's not resuscitated.

Preserved Moose and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Raku likes this.
  9. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait, but too far away.

10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wonder who the villain will be

Raku likes this.
  11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Mildly excited. The Defenders was pretty disappointing.

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender and Joe like this.
  13. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Can't wait for the best Marvel show to return.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yussss

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Today's trailer drop has me thinking that whatever gave Jessica her powers will be used to revive Killgrave (probably at the end of the season to set him up as the villain for season 3). There's that line in the trailer that says "We brought you back from the dead. The powers were just a side effect." I wonder if the people Jessica is hunting will turn to Killgrave as a way to stop her, and the season will culminate with her discovering the truth about her backstory right as Killgrave returns. This could set up a season 3 in which Jessica has to hunt down the other powered people who were experimented on like she was to help her take down Killgrave.

That's just a theory though. It's probably way off, but who knows. Also, I'm super stoked to hear Trish say "sidekick," because hopefully we'll get to see her take on the Hellcat persona this season.

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Into it. Jessica deserves a better show than friggin defenders

carrytheweird likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is a great article from The Guardian. Don't think there's anything too spoilery but read with caution if that matters to you. It's about JJ, #MeToo, abuse, feminism etc.

20. I couldn't even finish Defenders but am excited for this. I want a new Daredevil season that's as good and focused as the first too.

21. I just noticed this is dropping on a Thurs. I'm used to Netflix dropping things on Fri.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Probably only did this because it’s International Women’s Day today. Smart move imo.

Joe likes this.
  23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I’m ep. 9. This has been a trudge.

24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked defenders more than this season

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Damn, you guys have me worried