Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Jessica Jones (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Marvel's Jessica Jones, or simply Jessica Jones, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Melissa Rosenberg, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise, and is the second in a series of shows that will lead up to a Defenders crossover miniseries. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios and Tall Girls Productions, with Rosenberg serving as showrunner.

2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked that it just got a season two. Very curious to see what's going to happen with the rest of these series. Daredevil and Jessica Jones seem so popular (at least the former), that I would think they would want to do annual seasons. And then when you had Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Punisher in the mix (also The Defenders), I'm really curious to see how the Netflix lineup is going to look with all these Marvel shows.

Christian Romero likes this.
  3. Awksome

Regular

Re-watched it for the 2nd time and it's so good. I will never understand why it gets so much hate.

Raku likes this.
  4. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It has by far the best characters of anything in the MCU or related.

Raku likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It does?

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

A lot of people think that Jessica should be absolutely perfect and never make mistake. A lot of people hate the fights and the supplementary characters. A lot of people don't understand the show.

Raku and stayillogical like this.
  7. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

Jessica Jones is my second-favourite Netflix original I've watched. I feel like it delivered on all the promise and hype that surrounded the first season on Daredevil. Not that I didn't like DD season one, but I didn't like it quite as much as I thought I would based on all the reviews and reception it got. Jessica Jones surpassed it on pretty much every level.

Raku, Nick and stayillogical like this.
  8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I mean some of the situations and actors were quite unbelievable. Given it is sci-fi, but at times I felt characters had to play the idiot plot to keep things going.

9. Tom Lee

Regular

Just binge-watched this after putting it off. I thought it was a bit slow to start - but overall, brilliant. Loved David Tennant as Purple Man; probably one of the most interesting Marvel villains in the MCU that I've seen so far. Now need to muster the attention span and effort to start Daredevil season 2.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Next season is shooting back to back with Defenders.

11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I was hoping they'd squeeze in season 2 before Defenders like they did with Daredevil. But I'd definitely enjoy a season of her further grappling with the idea of being a hero

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I thought this was excellent. Had a different feel to Daredevil but was really great to watch. Tennant's performance stole the show. Harrowing in places.

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I just want S2 to have Hellcat.

Raku, Whalejaw and Henry like this.
  14. Raku

Regular

Yeah, I'm hoping she joins the fight this coming season (even if she doesn't put on the Hellcat mantle just yet).

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yes please!

16. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

about halfway through this season and loving it more with each episode. better than Luke Cage right now for me.

Awksome and Raku like this.
  17. jorbjorb

7 rings

killgrave is such a good villain. The only thing that was bad about luke cage was that the villains sucked so much ass.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Not sure how anyone could hate Cottonmouth.

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I don't think the villains were that bad, but I also wouldn't say that diamondback was good. I enjoyed Cottonmouth a lot.

Awksome, Allpwrtoslaves and jorbjorb like this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I think the villains aren't bad, just not as compelling as the DD and JJ.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Cottonmouth was excellent. J Jones is third for me. DD is one and Luke is two.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Cottonmouth was excellent - I totally agree! I felt his death was a bit premature and therefore maintain that the villains weren't as compelling.

23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

This is boring the shit out of me. A discernible drop in quality from DD1 and 2.

24. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Start noting how many times they say "Kilgrave" per episode. It will drive you nuts. You'll never be able to unnotice it again.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Lol