Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Inhumans (ABC, Fall 2017) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by NewSurrender, May 16, 2017.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah this doesn't look that great at all. Not sure why they've rushed it out on the cheap yet tried to get people to see it in IMAX.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Don't pay to see this in IMAX. It's a crappy rush job pilot and it has missing footage from what will be broadcast on ABC. So not worth it.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't really care about "missing footage." Trimming the two episodes slightly and editing them differently to feel like a (relatively short) film makes sense and is a cool idea.

The problem is that this had the budget and schedule of a television series. You can't rush something out for cheap and then expect people to see it for the price of IMAX, especially when those cheap effects and sets are gonna look even worse blown up that size.

Like, what's the point of using IMAX cameras if what's being captured by them isn't film-quality? The weird gap between filming quality and production quality has made this have a weird fan film kinda vibe.

In retrospect, they should've treated this like a comic book film on a smaller budget than the standard Marvel movie, but still more like a movie production than a television production. Use someone with small budget film experience. Then release this in the fall, but have the series not air until early 2018. That would both be a better incentive for going to an IMAX theater and let them take their time with this without messing up the television schedule.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Off to a strong start. lol

upload_2017-9-5_15-39-29.png

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

lol

hopefully they learn the most important lesson from this

DON'T GIVE YOUR SHOWS TO SCOTT BUCK

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

If true, and if the show truly is that bad, then that's great news, lol.

I'm still super worried about the future of Agents of SHIELD, but if it can continue (or at least be reborn as a new series with a lot of the same creatives and cast) and absorb Inhumans into itself, that'd be the best case scenario. Marvel's Captain Marvel plans unfortunately keep making the possibly of a Ms Marvel series messy, but if they can just keep the Inhuman brand alive on SHIELD a bit longer, someone like Kamala Khan could really breathe new life into ABC's Marvel output.

9. Anthony_

Got my nose plugs ready, let's do this.

10. Greg

Oh, is it on tonight?

11. Anthony_

It's on now.

12. Greg

Oh no... I am missing it... shucks.

TSLROCKS likes this.
  13. Anthony_

Haha it's actually not as putrid as its reputation. Yet.

It's not great but not offensive like we've been led to believe. Again, though, "yet."

14. Greg

I can’t poasibly watch it now. No way to watch a show once it airs. What a shame.

I’m sure it’s just mediocre, which is really bad for Marvel. Plus the whole releasing a cheap looking show in IMAX for sure hurt some of those reviews.

15. PauLo

43% Burnt

It wasn't that bad. It felt a bit rushed in parts and the exposition would have been better if they slowed down a little. I think they relied on the fact that they hoped people knew who they were a bit too much. And the CGI was eh in places. But yeah.

I'm not giving up on it yet.

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Well I guess they listened to everyone that hated the wig

Anthony_ likes this.
  17. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Just caught up and watched the premiere. It's really not that bad. I think the acting was mostly the problem at some points, but it was pretty decent. I don't have the feeling of "ooh, they should not have done this" just yet. I'll give it some time and watch the whole season, but we'll see where they take this.

Also, I didn't think Medusa's hair was bad at all! I do hope she gets it back though. haha

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This wasn't awful. Definitely LOVE Karnak, but that's nothing new. I've always been a big fan of Ken Leung.

19. Henry Oct 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2017)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

They turned my favorite Inhuman to a really unlikable, forgettable bad guy.

Aaaaaaand she's dead. They really like killing this character. eesh.
    jklolz Marvel

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This has gone from okay to pretty fucking bad. Everything that makes these characters great is completely stripped away from them. No one on the show is actually interesting.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, there was a Karnak scene in this that was so fucking cringeworthy. These characters are written so poorly. Blah.

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I'm trying so hard to stick it out for the eight episodes but I totally agree on this.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its like, let's make a show where people have incredible powers that everyone wants to see and take away every single one of them.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Tim you watching or (rightfully) scared off by Buck?

25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah. Sometimes I watch shows like this and I’m tempted to teach myself how to format a script just to see if I could write a better one. I did even buy a book on screenwriting haha.