Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Inhumans (ABC, Fall 2017) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by NewSurrender, May 16, 2017.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

No official trailer posted yet but this is a teaser from a week ago. I enjoyed the Inhumans arcs on Agents of Shield in season 2 and 3. This will air Friday nights on ABC

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Anyone know if it's been picked up by a UK broadcaster yet? Looking forward to seeing it.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Glad they're somehow confident enough to shoot this in IMAX and release a version of the first two episodes in IMAX theaters before the television premiere... and yet, still somehow lacking in confidence enough to air it on Fridays. Unless they somehow think days of the week don't matter and that it's the best slot?

I really hope the first trailer makes the cast look better than they did in that rough cast photo. I want this to succeed.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Would it be going against any CW shows on Friday?

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

IMAX is paying for the first couple episodes so they were going to put those in theaters no matter what. Just shoving a show on Friday, that they should be hyping up with how much Marvel has pushed the Royal Family, is weird though. There are all sorts of things they could see to contribute to that - SHIELD's steep decline over the years so there's a lack of confidence in Marvel on ABC, not being impressed with whatever footage they have so far, lack of confidence in Scott Buck after the universal panning of Iron Fist or maybe they do have confidence and want to try and build Friday as a strong comic book night to hopefully retain/improve SHIELD viewership. I'm hoping for the best though, who doesn't want more good comic book shows?

6. Tim

I feel like there should be a better slot to avoid CW, but maybe all those good slots are already called by ABC? If you're gonna collaborate with IMAX, though, why not make that show a marketing priority, unless it's looking bad behind the scenes?

Inhumans being run by the Iron Fist showrunner still worries me. And, it's a bummer that so many people have abandoned SHIELD when this past season was the best Marvel television since Jessica Jones (besides Legion). I saw somewhere that they're looking to trim SHIELD's budget next season, which is a bad sign when combined with the Friday move.

I feel like the best move would've been to give Inhumans a better slot and a ton of promotion, and then giving SHIELD a shortened season picking up in Inhumans' slot after that new show's 10-episode season ends. Emphasize that Inhumans is standalone, but then have the Royal Family show up in SHIELD S5, with a big promo in the Inhumans season finale. Could've been a great way to get eyes back on SHIELD.

Oh well.

awakeohsleeper and tucah like this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Scott Buck is trash. He wrote a few good episodes of Six Feet Under and Dexter, but once he became showrunner of Dexter in season 6, it was made apparent that he does not have the talent.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Contender likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This fucking wig

[​IMG]

Contender likes this.
  10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

this is not going to be a good show

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That accent. lol

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Scott Buck

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It doesn't look as disastrous as I was expecting but it's Scott Buck so it'll probably not be good.

He's one of those people in Hollywood where I'm constantly just asking myself how the hell he keeps getting work.

14. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I liked that trailer! Will definitely give the series a shot

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New trailer was a thousand types of bad. The fucking hair. Jesus.

17. HalfHearted

Regular

Are there other shows you need to watch before Inhumans or can you just jump right into this series and be ok?

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Season two of Agents of SHIELD introduces the Inhumans to the world, but I don't think it will be necessary at all.

19. HalfHearted

Regular

That's what I was curious about, thank you. Do you recommend watching Agents of SHIELD? Haven't checked that out yet, is it worth a watch?

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So its kinda of a weird beast. The middle part of the first season is painfully bad, but the end of the first season, and everything that follows has been nothing short of great. If you want to start it, I'd say watch the first three or four episodes to get a feel for the characters and jump back on around episode 13.

I think @Tim will co-sign this.

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

there is about a 98% chance SHIELD S2+ will be 100x better than this show

past the first 2/3 of the first season, it's great. last season in particular was fantastic.

NewSurrender likes this.
  22. Tim

In an era where most superhero shows seem to decline after peaking w/ S1 or 2, SHIELD is the weird show that improves throughout its whole run. S1 is really rough, but every season (if not every half season) is better than the last. S4 was probably my favorite season of MCU television outside of Jessica Jones S1 and Daredevil S1.

HalfHearted likes this.
  23. Blimp City Hero Jul 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2017)
    Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Much better look at the show. Medusa will probably look odd either way, but I think this could be a solid show.

Also, I love the use of Rag'n'Bone Man's "Human." haha

NewSurrender likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator