Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Avengers (September 4, 2020) Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Anthony_, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Official thread for the upcoming third-person action game/loot-based superhero power fantasy, Marvel's Avengers.

The game launches on September 4, 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Free upgrades to the eventual PS5 and Xbox Series X versions will be given to anyone who purchases the current-gen versions.

Marvel's Avengers Game

Cameron likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Looking forward to this

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I honestly have been looking forward to this all along, and got confused about the backlash.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Isn't SE doing this game?

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I believe they’re publishing with Crystal Dynamics developing.

6. tvck

Trusted

I'm really happy to see them finally show off the scope/customization of the game today. Hopefully people will give it a chance. Reminds me of a much bigger Ultimate Alliance with RPG elements.

Cameron likes this.
  7. tvck

Trusted

Even more excited that it'll be a free upgrade to PS5 if purchased on PS4.

8. Anthony_

Wanted to echo my comment from the video games thread:

Endgame is a concern for me at the moment but what we've seen so far looks pretty good. I was skeptical how the Destiny formula would translate to a Marvel superheros game but it looks like they mostly figured it out. Just need to hear about endgame now.

tvck likes this.
  9. tvck

Trusted

Agreed on the end game comments

Anthony_ likes this.
  10. Anthony_

Just realized that it's kind of funny to be worried about an the "endgame" of something Avengers-related

11. tvck

Trusted

One thing I'm really excited about too is the other heroes that'll be added later for free.

12. tvck

Trusted

Who is on yalls wishlist?

13. Anthony_

GHOST RIDER
    Doctor Strange
    Quake
    Black Panther
    Nightcrawler
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Namor
    Punisher
    Gambit
    Blade
    Deadpool

Some of these are way more realistic (Doctor Strange, Black Panther) than others (Gambit, Deadpool). I should also say that I don't think we'll get Spider-Man characters in this game any time soon.

tvck likes this.
  14. tvck

Trusted

That's a solid list. With the current make up, I can honestly say I have 0 idea who they'd be throwing in. Hopefully we get a decent assortment, especially from the ex-Fox properties.

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Damn. That demo has me very intrigued now. Also that was def running on Series X/PS5 right?

16. Anthony_

They didn’t say but it definitely looked more powerful than a PS4 or Xbox One. Maybe it was just a PC build?

Cameron likes this.
  17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I guess a realistic wishlist for me would be:

Scarlet Witch
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    Vision
    Ant-Man

X-Men would be my #1 but I don't see that happening except for maybe Wolverine

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah if any X-Men were included Wolverine or Nightcrawler would be great. Also Storm.

19. Anthony_

I actually think the X-Men are way more likely to be added than someone like Spider-Man, to be honest. Marvel has the rights back so they aren’t going to be against including them in things going forward. I think Wolverine is probably a safe bet for inclusion at some point but I’d rather have Nightcrawler and Gambit tbh. I feel like their gameplay would be more fun.

20. Anthony_

Marvel's Avengers Preview – Reassembling In Hopes Of Greatness

Namor confirmed?!?!?!?

21. tvck

Trusted

Anthony_ likes this.
  22. Anthony_ Jul 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2020)
    Anthony_

Cameron and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  23. tvck

Trusted

wait, this is on PC?!

24. Anthony_

Apparently the War Zones sounds like they’re actually freely explorable? Kind of like a patrol zone in Destiny maybe? That’s what that IGN article sounds like anyway. It talks about “exploring War Zones and Drop Zones.”

Cameron likes this.
  25. Anthony_

Looks like we’re going to get some kind of post-launch content update today as well.

The stream is at 10:00 am PT/1:00 pm ET

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.