Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If I were them I would be as well. Disney’s intervention is the only thing that got them a fifth season, I don’t expect that well of support to be bottomless. Holding out hope they want to move it to their streaming service at least rather than let it die. Since that isn’t launching until 2019, they might make ABC do one more season and then move it over. Maybe use a seventh and final SHIELD season as a way to sell the service.

2. PauLo

43% Burnt

Anthony_ likes this.
  3. I don't like this. Characters saying they have plot armor just about confirms they're going to die.

The Devil Complex was great, so hard to watch. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Iain De Caestecker is so fucking good in this role.

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is this arc supposed to be tied in with Infinity War?

5. GBlades

Trusted

Sounds like it should tie in with Infinity War but I'm hoping that's a Skrull ship and there are Captain Marvel tie since Coulson was just announced go return. Maybe he could have thought these before.

What a season though. Everyone slated AoS when it started but they are totally missing out now.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Fuckin Trump decides to talk Syria at 9 PM on a Friday? Agents of SHIELD makes more sense than his military ideals.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Renewed oh shit

8. Anthony_

What our mouse-eared overlords decree, so shall it be.

ghostedaway likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was not expecting another season. The cast seemed so down on it.

10. Anthony_

ABC's been trying to cancel the show for two years, the cast knows that and it's probably difficult to shake that feeling of knowing your job is constantly in jeopardy. Disney keeps intervening on their behalf. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this is canceled after S6 and then moves over to launch alongside Disney's streaming service in fall 2019 for a final S7.

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Woooooo! This show has just been great. I'm intrigued to see how this plays out over the next year.

12. Anthony_

I would respect the show so much if they actually disintegrate part of the cast for the entire next season (as long as Daisy and May stick around). Chloe said that the finale is going to shock us, so I have hope that it's going to happen. I know it's not likely, but I'm hoping nonetheless.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't believe it's getting renewed. This season has been great but also seemed like a good time to end it.

They definitely will have to end the show alongside Avengers 4 though

14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Didn't realize it was a 13-episode renewal. This might be better since Gregg has to film Captain Marvel. I assume this won't be back until next February/March to possibly tie in with Captain Marvel/Avengers 4.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It ending the week before Avengers 4 would be perfect

16. It's not going to air until Summer 2019.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I guess it's taking place after Avengers 4 which seems odd

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

It's cool that they don't have Captain Marvel or Avengers 4 holding them up and their ability to follow off of them. However, I hope the NBA playoffs doesn't stagger its schedule.

19. Anthony_

Yeah willing to bet this means they’re disintegrating people this Friday. That way when it comes back whoever was disintegrated will be back too.

20. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

If it happens, I'll go May, Fitz, Mack, and Deke on the disintegrated. haha

21. I expect Deke will disintegrate first just so they know they changed their future, then other people will disintegrate almost immediately after.

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Well, that was a decent finale. I'll keep it non-spoilerish, but, outside of whatever happens in Infinity War, I'm really not sure where they'll take this.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck... that was heartbreaking
    I’m shocked/disappointed they didn’t connect with Infinity War though...

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I feel like that ending could have worked as a series finale ending. Seems like they were prepared for it

RJ Knorr and JaytotheGee like this.
  25. Anthony_

Lol so did I miss something or did Deke just die offscreen, then? Poor guy.

JaytotheGee likes this.