Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

DANG IT. Really? That's a random lengthy break to go on.

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah. Not sure why.

3. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

They just can't resist bringing back Ward, ever lol.

Henry likes this.
  4. jmwhit04

This season's been broken down into three sub seasons. You had the first part with Ghost Rider, LMD was the second part, and in a month or so will kick off the third part.

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Guess it does make sense to give each one some breathing room

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I miss Ghosty

7. Well then that's one hell of a note to end a sub-season on.

8. jmwhit04

What was Mae's regret?

9. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I am 5 episodes behind. Ugh. I never feel inspired to watch this show. I like it just fine when I watch. But it just isn't good enough to demand immediate viewing.

10. Tim

The recent stretch has been great, so I definitely highly recommend catching up. Lots of cool LMD stuff.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've actually found it somewhat boring. The stuff with the book has been pretty convoluted. Still not sure how any of the first half made this second half make any sense.

This last episode was a great way to top it off though.

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I will eventually. Probably this week. I have a few extra days off of work. But it's a low priority compared to other shows.

13. Tim

h8 u. lol.

I feel like, after previously being the comic book show with the worst filler problem, this season AoS has become one of the best at avoiding that problem. Splitting the season into 3 loosely connected mini-seasons was really a great decision. There a common threads throughout the whole thing, but also enough elements to keep things fresh and not overly dragged out (while also not feeling too disjointed). I'm really excited to see what S4.3 or whatever you wanna call it brings. Wouldn't be surprised if Ghost Rider resurfaces at the end.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I definitely like that there is a singular focus. I stopped watching the Flash because they don't move the story along and it is frustrating. SO MUCH FILLER.

15. Tim

I've kept up w/ Flash due to past good will, but with all the comic book television on the horizon, it's totally first on the cutting floor. Such a shame, too, with how much I loved it at its peak.

16. PauLo

43% Burnt

With Inhumans due at the end of this year, I wouldn't mind betting we may see a link up with them towards the end. Hell, maybe just as a little tease at the end of the last episode. They've cast Black Bolt, so would be awesome to have him cameo.

17. jmwhit04

Since Most Wanted never got picked up as a series, is there a chance we ever see Lance and Bobbi again?

18. Tim

I think Inhumans being done as a television series on the same network as this show, which deals heavily with Inhumans, means that some form of crossover/intersection is inevitable. However, I don't think that a tease for Inhumans within an actual SHIELD episode makes that much sense. A teaser outside of the episode aired during or after the finale? Sure, but not within the episode itself. They're definitely going to build up this secret society's royal family before exposing them to anything on the outside.

What I envision happening, since Inhumans has its debut in September on a Tuesday and is 8 episodes long, is SHIELD not launching its next season until January, in the time slot that Inhumans occupies. The Inhumans series could function 100% as its own entity, but then the shortened SHIELD season could feature the first crossover between the two casts, told from SHIELD's perspective. That way, people who don't care about SHIELD could possibly be coaxed into jumping on in 2018.

I just looked into Adrianne Palicki out of curiosity, and um, it seems that Seth MacFarlane has created an upcoming live action sci-fi comedy-drama series that he's gonna star in called Orville, and Palicki is costarring as his ex-wife. Well then. That seems to make a return to regular Marvel appearances unlikely for her (unless Orville bombs, which I'd like 'cause I hate MacFarlane), but maybe Bobbi and Lance could pop up in a random episode at some point.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This resumed last night. Really good episode I thought.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  20. Tim

This was a really cool start to the season's third act. The Framework is like a mix between The Matrix and the current Captain America/Secret Empire comic storyline (wonder if part of it was inspired by last year's Hydra Cap reveal). Love that they named this episode "What If," since it's essentially an in-continuity version of the old What If comics Marvel used to do (and still occasionally does).

I'm excited to see where this goes from here. Committing to this is a cool creative choice. This is gonna go down as one of the strongest seasons of comic book television thus far, which is crazy considering how slow and tedious the show used to get.

21. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This was a solid season 4-c premiere, honestly. Set up the new world and the stakes perfectly, introduced us to the new status quo without making it feel too exposition-heavy, and was just an all-around good time to watch. I feel so sorry for everyone out there still somehow writing this show off because of those first couple episodes in season 1. Really missing out. This show just continues to be so, so good.

22. Tim

This show is kicking butt while Netflix falls hard on its face with Iron Fist, and yet it's still not an uncommon take for fans of the Netflix shows to treat this like the MCU's weakest link. It's this own show's fault for being such a chore at the beginning and making incremental progress to this point, but still such a bummer.

I just hope one of two things happen: Either (A) the Inhumans show in the fall ties into SHIELD S5 and reinvigorates interest in the show, or (B) this show ends strong and soon, with the best characters making their way into other Marvel projects. The showrunner of Iron Fist heading Inhumans is definitely scary, though, lol.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is this even renewed? I heard early rumblings that ABC's on the fence.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

First impressions really do matter. I always say that once the show abandoned procedural storytelling for serialization around episode 12 or so in season 1, it really hit its stride. It's been very good-to-great ever since. But by that point a ton of people had already written it off and continue to do so.

And yeah, Scott Buck sucks. Hard.

Tim likes this.
  25. Tim

With the way this episode references the past, I wouldn't be surprised if this were written in such a way as to work as a series finale if it doesn't get renewed. Since Inhumans only has a 10-episode season, though, I don't think this getting a shortened S5 starting in January in Inhumans' time slot is out of the question. If they stick the landing with Inhumans, and then have SHIELD's following storyline be the team meeting the Royal Family, maybe that could get some new eyes on the show.