Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Returns tonight!

Easy guide:
    Pilot episode = not a terrible start.
    The next 2/3 of S1 = varying degrees of painful mediocrity.
    The end of S1 into S2, after the Winter Soldier impact = good.
    The latter half of S2, after introduction of Inhumans = better.
    S3 = very enjoyable, assuming you enjoy the MCU (of course).

2. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Off to a good start this half of the season. Love that they're ramping up the Inhuman stuff

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

Yeah, the Inhuman stuff is great. I quite enjoyed that episode. I loved "Yo Yo"'s interaction with the other characters.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just watched last week's episode. This show keeps getting better and better. Next episode look crazy.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't know if I just got bored with this, or if the break made me lose interest. After Ward was revealed as Hive, I just stopped watching.

6. Interestingly structured episode. Always nice to see Chloe in single-shot fights.

7. Tim

After being behind on all my shows, caught up on Flash and now catching up on this. Didn't realize I missed this show so much until I came back. The end of the episode where Bobbi and Hunter leave was honestly actually moving, even though I knew it was coming.

Iago likes this.
  8. Tim

[​IMG]

YES.

Iago likes this.
  9. And I thought the ending of tonight's Flash was bad (as in "oh no, something bad just happened," not bad quality.)

That scene in the previews of her leaning on his shoulder makes me want to throw up. Damn SkyeWard shippers! Is this what you wanted?!

If they kill off Daisy before Chloe gets to be in the Inhumans movie, I'm going to be so mad.

10. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

It sucks the ratings for this show are so low, but good thing it is at least guaranteed for one more season.

Daisy being the one controlled by Hive was telegraphed to me by a TVLine article where Daisy's actress promised a 'game changing twist' for the series prior to the episode airing. Still, will be interesting to see what happens from now until the finale

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What Inhumans movie? lol

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

lololol if they are seriously giving up movie plans, I wonder if they will actually introduce the Royal Family on SHIELD. They honestly could probably get away with most of the SFX, but the fact that they wouldn't be casting movie stars for the roles anymore would just be the end of their crusade to make Inhumans the X-men.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I honestly think Vin Diesel would be down for a tv role.

14. Tim

FITZSIMMONS 4 LIFE.

Also, KREE ON NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE!?

15. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

This weeks episode was so good!! Loving more Inhumans and people with powers coming on the show.

16. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Other bits and pieces

-Cool seeing Axle Whitehead play an Australian guy on this show. He was a contestant on Australian Idol back in 2003
    -Nice casting bringing James Nesbitt on this show. He is a fantastic actor. Enjoyed his work on Jekyll, Lucky Man and The Missing

17. Tim

I love that the one character was essentially Gambit, lol.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Looks like maybe I should catch up.

19. Tim

Yeah, I'd say so. I've been really enjoying it lately. While I hated the decision to make Ward Hive instead of keeping him as he was, I think he's been great in the role.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The last episode I watched was the one where it first took over. I'm not sure how much I've missed. Maybe three or four?

21. Tim

Since the midseason break/Agent Carter? I think there's been like a month and a half of episodes in that time? I caught up two weeks ago, and then watched both last week's and the new one yesterday, so I don't recall the actual number.

Some of the Hive stuff has been surprisingly brutal, lol.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'll try and catch up at the library tonight. I have literally nothing to do there. The three times I've gone, I've watched hockey and wrestling the whole time. Best job ever.

23. Iago Apr 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 27, 2016)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

(Idk how to use spoiler tags, so if someone would teach me, I'll put them on this post. SPOILERS AHEAD)

SkyeWard/DaisyWard interaction felt forced and it bummed me out. I don't like that ship, but I can tolerate it, but man, under those conditions, it felt very off putting. Though, Daisy viewing Hive as family as opposed to a lover while being controlled makes it a bit better, I guess.

Also, the death of Hydra was really anticlimactic. Coulson's "This would have been a grand day" line was on point. It's a shame that a massive threat for 3 seasons and a half went down without proper closure. It reminded me of how Whitehorn's death felt rushed because they wanted to focus on Jiaying being a villain.

24. I wonder how much of that was deliberate. I do think we're supposed to feel uncomfortable with the SkyeWard and, um, unfulfilled, maybe? about Hydra.

25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I wish they'd put this up on the UK Netflix. One of my biggest regrets is getting behind in season 1 and having no way to catch up. All this talk here makes me wish I was still watching.